Charlie Gardiner (footballer)
|Date of birth||1 March 1983|
Geelong Grammar School /|
Round 11, 2002, Geelong|
vs. Carlton, at Docklands Stadium
|Height||190 cm (6 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||91 kg (201 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2008.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Gardiner was in the TAC Cup Team of the Year and Under-18 All-Australian Team in 2001. Gardiner was also runners up in Sandringham's best & fairest and Under-18 Victoria Metro representative in 2001. In 2002 Gardiner debuted for Geelong's senior side later the same year.
Gardiner was traded to St Kilda Football Club during the 2007 trade week, along with fellow Cats player Steven King for St Kilda's draft selection 90. He had an indifferent year, playing 12 games, including the qualifying final against old club Geelong, and kicking 9 goals but in the end it was not enough to retain his spot on the Saints' list and he was delisted at the end of the season. He has since returned to amateur football in the VAFA.
- Statistics are correct to end of 2008 season
- "St Kilda wins NAB cup". The Age. 8 March 2008. Retrieved 7 November 2009.
- "Saints are NAB Cup Champions in 2008". Jeld-Wen. 8 March 2008. Archived from the original on 20 November 2008. Retrieved 7 November 2009.
- Player Profile - Official AFL Website of the Geelong Football Club
- Charlie Gardiner's playing statistics from AFL Tables