Censor is a 2001 Bollywood drama film directed and produced by Dev Anand. It stars himself, Hema Malini, Jackie Shroff and Rekha in pivotal roles. The film satirises the film censorship in India.
|Directed by||Dev Anand|
|Produced by||Dev Anand|
|Written by||Dev Anand|
|Starring||Dev Anand |
|Music by||Jatin Lalit|
|Edited by||Ashok Bandekar|
Under the directions of the Minister for Information and Broadcasting, the Indian Censor Board prepares a list of cuts for Bollywood film producer, Vikramjeet's new movie "Aane Wala Kal". Vikramjeet is unhappy and decides to meet the Minister himself to appeal against these cuts, only to find out that the Minister favors even more cuts. Then Vikramjeet shows this movie in a private theatre to an audience from all walks of life, he then takes their written opinion, smuggles a copy to America, just in time to ensure that it is nominated for an Oscar. This is where Vikramjeet's troubles start as the Censor Board refuses to grant a "U" certificate; he is arrested for smuggling the movie without permission from the Reserve Bank of India. The only way he can escape the wrath of the authorities is getting some fans and stars of his movie to gather some dirt on the Censor Board members and expose them publicly.
- Dev Anand ... Vikramjeet 'Vicky'
- Jackie Shroff ... Naseeruddin Shaukh (Censor Board Member)
- Hema Malini ... Radha (Vikramjeet's Wife)
- Mamta Kulkarni ... Nisha (Censor Board Member)
- Rekha ... Ms. Shrivastav (Censor Board Member)
- Shammi Kapoor ... Judge
- Johnny Lever ... Jhony (Vikramjeet's first assistant)
- Ayesha Jhulka ... Shakeela Banu (Naseerudin's Mistress)
- Amrish Puri ... Pandit Shiv Prasad (Censor Board Member)
- Vinay Anand ... Hero of film "Aanewala Kal"
- Govinda ... Special appearance in song "Hum Jo Rang Mein Aa Gaye"
Lyrics by Vinod Mahendra and Gopaldas Neeraj.
|1||"Yaaron Jo Kal Tak Thay Hum Tum"||Kumar Sanu, Udit Narayan, Alka Yagnik, Jaspinder Narula|
|2||"Is Tarah Dekho Na Humko"||Udit Narayan, Alka Yagnik|
|3||"Hum Jo Rang Mein Aa Gaye"||Kumar Sanu|
|4||"Sun Meri Gal"||Sonu Nigam, Jaspinder Narula|
|5||"Ho Aaj Majhab Koi"||Roop Kumar Rathod, Vijeta Pandit, Kavita Krishnamurthy and Vinod Rathod|
|6||"Mere Dil Mein Tu Nazar Mein Tu"||Lata Mangeshkar|
|7||"Aaya Samay"||Vinod Rathod, Jaspinder Narula|