C. Hurst & Co.(Redirected from C. Hurst & Co)
Hurst Publishers (C. Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd) is an independent non-fiction publisher based in the Bloomsbury area of London. Hurst specializes in books on global affairs and has lists in Islamic Studies, European History, War & Conflict, African Studies and International Relations. Christopher Hurst founded the company in 1969. Michael Dwyer, who joined Hurst in 1986, took over its running after the death of Christopher Hurst in April 2007.
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Headquarters location||London, WC1|
|Distribution||Macmillan Distribution (UK)|
Oxford University Press (US)
|Key people||Michael Dwyer|
|Nonfiction topics||International Affairs|
Politics and Social Science
Hurst authors include the French intellectual Olivier Roy, the British cultural critic Ziauddin Sardar, the Australian counterinsurgency expert David Kilcullen, and the historians Faisal Devji and Christopher Davidson, among others. The Hurst imprint publishes approximately 65 new books a year.
Christopher Hurst founded the publishing house and pursued his, sometimes eclectic, interests, including Scandinavian culture and Balkan history. In the mid-1980s, Christopher Hurst became an activist for small, independent publishers, making his voice heard in the Publishers' Association. Hurst works in collaboration with Oxford University Press in New York to publish most of its list as Oxford University Press editions in North America.
- "Macmillan Distribution - Publishers". Retrieved 2017-12-25.
- Publisher Services Resource Center
- Hurst Publishers, "About", Hurst Publishers website.
- C Hurst & Co Publishers, London Book Fair.
- Jonathan Rea, "Christopher Hurst" (obituary), The Guardian, 30 May 2007.
- Alisopn Bone, "Publisher Christopher Hurst dies", The Bookseller, 24 April 2007.
- Michael Dwyer, "Christopher Hurst: a publisher in the world", Open Democracy, 23 January 2008.
- "OUP website news".