Brian Rolè(Redirected from Brian Role)
Brian Rolè is an active international Maltese magician and illusionist. He was born on Malta's sister island Gozo in 1972 and became a full-time professional magician in 2000. Currently Brian is one of the most popular magicians in Malta due to his regular grand scale illusion shows and various television appearances. Usually he performs with his partner Lola Palmer (Lourdes C. Palmer) under the stage name The Palmers. He is a full member of The Magic Circle and the International Brotherhood of Magicians as well as the Malta Magician's Society IBM Ring 202 and the International Society of Magicians.
Between 2004 and 2005 he was elected President of Malta's IBM Ring, Ring 202 which is affiliated with the International Brotherhood of Magicians' Ring 202 in Malta for one year, having previously served for three years as the Ring's secretary. Between 2009 and 2010 he served as the Vice President and secretary of Ring 202 Malta.
Brain Rolè came first in a Parlor magic Competition in 2002, was runner up in the Close-up Magic Competition in 2004 and was the second runner up during a Children's Magic competition in 2006. In 2017 Brian Role and Lola Palmer were honoured with the most prestigious award in Magic, the I.M.S. Merlin Award. They were presented the award by President and Chairman of the International Magician's Society, Mr Tony Hassini, who flew in from New York to Malta to present the award to Brian & Lola during the presentation event held exclusively at Casino Malta where Brian & Lola give regular performances 
Brian performed extensively across the world, from South America to Asia, as well as several countries in Europe and at the Emirates Towers in Dubai. He performed in various hotels and resorts, dinner theatres shows including Es Foguero as well as on cruise ships including the Grand Voyager . In 2000, he became the first illusionist to perform at the ruins of the Royal Opera House in Valletta, more than 50 years after its destruction. Another first in Malta was when Brian launched 3D Mania - Encounter in the Third Dimension, in front of a theatre-full of Sunday Times competition winners at the IMAX Vodafone Theatre at the Eden Century Cinemas in St Julian's in 2002. Together with his partner Lola Palmer, Brian Role' performed for three consecutive years during the much acclaimed Notte Bianca Lejl Mdawwal events held in Malta during the month of October, the first time in 2007 the second in 2008 and the latest being that of 2009 On the eve of Halloween, 31 October 2009, Brian together with Lola and in collaboration with Vanni Pule' gave a most impressive full scale Halloween themed illusion show at Malta's national theatre, the Manoel Theatre in Valletta. On the 2 and 3 October 2010, Brian Role' together with his partner Lourdes C. Palmer, provided their first full scale illusion show called 'Magic In Cartoonland' which was produced by Bleep Entertainment Services and Teatru Manoel. In 2011, Brian Role' and Lola C Palmer put together and directed yet another show at the Manoel Theater, this time named 'The Magical Variety'. 'The Magical Variety' which was produced by BLEEP Entertainment and Teatru Manoel contained various performances by various local members of I.B.M. Ring 202. The show was well received by the public. In 2011, Brian Role' and Lourdes C. Palmer started their own dinner theater show called 'Chamber of Mysteries', which is set in a secret theater at Razzett L-Antik in Qormi. The show contains illusion, close up magic and mind reading and has been labeled as the 'Most Amazing Night In Malta' and has gained a good reputation among tourists visiting the island of Malta thus earning TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence award in 2012 and again in 2013.
Brian Rolè performed on various Maltese television shows, namely Tlaqna (in which he performed street magic) and Raxx (in which he performed grand illusions), both of which aired on Malta's national TV station TVM (Malta). Apart from that he also appeared on television shows, such as Showtime Ma Aceline, Is-Sibt, Hello Ray amongst others as a special guest. Between 2007 and 2008 Brian appeared over 25 times as the resident magician during the live televised show, Showtime Stairway To Success on the Maltese TV station ONE TV and between 2008 and 2009 again on Malta's national television station TVM during the Eurovision based program, Euro Showbox and during J Anvil's very popular TV show Saturday Night on Favourite Channel. In 2010 he has made several guest appearances on Net TV during a popular program for teens called 'GEKO' where he can be seen performing street magic, on 'Sessi' which is shown on Education 22 and has been appearing in a couple of TV adverts that are shown on many stations in Malta. In 2011 Brian Role' began appearing regularly on a Saturday afternoon program named 'Sas-Sitta' on NET TV which is currently still being broadcast.
Brian Role' and his partner Lourdes C. Palmer have toured in China for the International Magic Festival, which was held in many cities across China, together with other famous magicians, including Jeff Mc bride, Levent, Rocco Silano, Val Valentino, Sylvester the Jester and many others from all over the world. Other participants from previous years include names such as Franz Harrary, Louis Dematos, Peter Marvey and other famous names in magic. In China they performed 28 stage shows for thousands of people who attended this prestigious magic festival,
- "Profile on IBM official website". magician.org. Retrieved December 17, 2009.
- "Malta Magic Society Elects Committee". insidemagic.com. Retrieved December 11, 2009.
- "International Brotherhood of Magicians Ring 202 Malta Current Committee". infinology.net. Archived from the original on July 23, 2011. Retrieved December 11, 2009.
- "International Brotherhood of Magicians, Parlor Magic Contest 2002". infinology.net. Archived from the original on July 23, 2011. Retrieved December 11, 2009.
- "International Brotherhood of Magicians, Parlor Magic Contest 2004". infinology.net. Archived from the original on July 23, 2011. Retrieved December 11, 2009.
- "International Brotherhood of Magicians, Parlor Magic Contest 2007". infinology.net. Archived from the original on July 23, 2011. Retrieved December 11, 2009.
- "Magician Brian Role' and Lola Palmer awarded with highest international award in Magic the I.M.S. Merlin Award". timesofmalta.com. Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Dubai Performances". brianrole.com. Retrieved December 11, 2009.
- "Illusionit Duo Perform In Spain". www.timesofmalta.com. Retrieved January 21, 2006.
- "A Wave Of Maltese Magic". www.independent.com.mt. Archived from the original on February 5, 2012. Retrieved July 1, 2006.
- "Sunday Times readers attend launching of 3d Mania". timesofmalta.com. Retrieved July 14, 2002.
- "Notte Bianca: 'Magic of the Night' at Chamber of Commerce". The Malta Independent online. Archived from the original on September 11, 2011. Retrieved December 11, 2009.
- "Magic of the Night for Notte Bianca Lejl Mdawwal 2008 in Malta". openPR.com. Retrieved December 11, 2009.
- "Brian Role` & Lola Palmer - Notte Bianca Malta 2009". Magician Malta Blogspot. Retrieved October 11, 2010.
- "Halloween Capturing Imagination". The Malta Independent online. Archived from the original on September 11, 2011. Retrieved December 11, 2009.
- "Malta's Illusionist will transform Teatru Manoel into Cartoonland during a spectacular family show this October!". Free Press release. Retrieved October 6, 2010.
- "Malta's Magic Extravaganza At Teatru Manoel in 'The Magical Variety' show". Magician Malta. Retrieved April 5, 2012.
- "Chamber of Mysteries Dinner Show Malta". Chamber of Mysteries. Retrieved October 12, 2013.
- "Bortex Tailored for Life Telecomercial". TheBiggerPictureMT. Retrieved August 31, 2010.
- "Maltese magician to perform at international festival in China". Times Of Malta. Retrieved September 11, 2013.
Sourced from on line archive and actual clippings
- Malta Independent Halloween Capturing Imagination Show Review 
- Malta Independent Magic of the Night Article 25/09/2007 
- The Malta Independent Cruise Article 
- Inside Magic Article Brian elected President IBM Ring 202 Malta 
- Brian's Official Profile On The International Brotherhood Of Magicians Web-site 
- Winner IBM Ring 202 Parlour Magic Competition 2002 
- Runner Up IBM Ring 202 Close Up Magic Competition 2004 
- 2nd Runner Up IBM Ring 202 Children's Magic Competition 2006 
- Brian Role' in TV advert shown on Maltese TV stations 
- Magician Brian Role' and Lola Palmer awarded with highest international award in Magic the I.M.S. Merlin Award