This article needs to be updated.November 2010)(
Branden Ore (born February 17, 1986 in Norfolk, Virginia) is a former college football running back for West Liberty University. He had originally declared for the 2008 NFL Draft, but subsequently withdrew his name.
Ore during his tenure at Virginia Tech.
|West Liberty State Hilltoppers – No. 28|
|High school||Indian River High School,|
|Born:||February 17, 1986|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Ore began his college career as a redshirt freshman in 2005 at Virginia Tech behind Mike Imoh and Cedric Humes on the depth chart. Following the season, Ore underwent shoulder surgery and spent the spring semester rehabbing in Chesapeake. Working for a 7-Eleven warehouse, Ore refocused himself mentally.
On March 19, 2008 Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer, announced that the redshirt-senior from Chesapeake, Virginia would no longer be a member of the Hokie football team. Beamer wished Ore well in his future endeavors and indicated that there would be no further comment on the matter. Ore became the starting tailback for the West Liberty Hilltoppers where he says that the secluded environment helped to resolve his disciplinary issues.
- "Ore files paperwork with NFL". 2008-01-16. Retrieved 2008-01-16.
- "Ore withdraws name from NFL consideration". hokiesports.com. 2008-01-17. Retrieved 2008-01-18.
- Associated Press (2006-09-07). "Virginia Tech's Ore Gets a Lift From Warehouse Work". Retrieved 2008-01-18.
- Tucker, Kyle (2006-11-15). "Ore is latest Tech player to say he'll return in '07". Virginian-Pilot. Retrieved 2008-01-18.
- Tucker, Kyle (2008-11-09). "After exit from Tech, Branden Ore is on road to discovery". Virginian-Pilot. Retrieved 2008-11-09.