Brandon Brooks (born August 19, 1989) is an American football guard for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Miami (Ohio). A native of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Brooks attended Riverside University High School. He was drafted in the third round (76th overall) by the Houston Texans after not being invited to the NFL Combine.
Brooks with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2017
|No. 79 – Philadelphia Eagles|
|Born:||August 19, 1989|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||335 lb (152 kg)|
|High school:||Riverside University|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 3 / Pick: 76|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 2, 2019|
In his rookie season, Brooks was inactive for the first 10 games before being used as a reserve for the final six games as well as two playoff games. In the 2013 season, he became a starter and remained there throughout his time with the Texans.
On December 19, 2017, Brooks was named to his first Pro Bowl along with right tackle Lane Johnson after starting all 16 games at right guard. He could not play in the Pro Bowl because of his team advancing to the Super Bowl. Brooks would win his first Super Bowl when the Eagles defeated the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LII by a score of 41-33.
On December 17, 2018, Brooks was named to his second Pro Bowl. That season the Philadelphia Eagles went 9–7 and earned a wildcard spot. They defeated the Chicago Bears 16–15 in the wildcard round, then lost 20–14 to the New Orleans Saints in the divisional round. The loss was costly for Brooks, as he suffered a torn Achilles.
- "2013 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". NFLDraftScout.com.
- "Brandon Brooks Added To Offensive Line". PhiladelphiaEagles.com. March 9, 2016. Archived from the original on August 25, 2017. Retrieved March 10, 2016.
- "NFL announces 2018 Pro Bowl rosters". NFL.com. December 19, 2017. Retrieved December 26, 2017.
- "Eagles dethrone Tom Brady, Patriots for first Super Bowl title in stunner". USA TODAY. Retrieved February 25, 2019.
- Gantt, Darin (January 13, 2019). "Eagles guard Brandon Brooks suffers torn Achilles". Pro Football Talk. NBC Sport.