Boom (film)(Redirected from Boom (2003 film))
Boom is a Bollywood film released on 19 September 2003. It explores the involvement of the fashion world with underworld crime.
|Directed by||Kaizad Gustad|
|Produced by||Ayesha Shroff|
|Written by||Kaizad Gustad|
|Music by||Sandeep Chowta|
Directed by Kaizad Gustad and produced by Jackie Shroff's wife, Ayesha Shroff, the film features Amitabh Bachchan, Jackie Shroff, Gulshan Grover, Padma Lakshmi, Madhu Sapre, Zeenat Aman and Katrina Kaif. Boom was Katrina Kaif's debut film. She was a last-minute replacement of model Meghna Reddy.
Anu Gaekwad (Madhu Sapre), Sheila Bardez (Padma Lakshmi) and Rina Kaif (Katrina Kaif) are three of India's top models and they are participating in a fashion show hosted by a prestigious brand of diamond jewelers. While on the ramp of the fashion show, one of the other models (perhaps intentionally) trips Anu, and she goes crashing down, which is a model's worst nightmare. Anu's supportive friends, Sheila and Rina, come to the rescue. The trio immediately confront the model who had tripped Anu and the argument (held in front of the audience) degenerates into a catfight. As the young ladies scuffle with each other, they are met with a big surprise. Hundreds of glittering stolen diamonds, which were due to be smuggled out of the country, fall from the model's hair and on to the ramp, only to be snatched up by paparazzi and celebrities alike.
Anu, Sheila and Rina are in shock as the fashion show turns to mayhem. The stolen diamonds are priceless and have to be recovered by the gangsters, who hold the three glamorous models responsible for the heist-gone-wrong. The diamonds were due to be smuggled to Dubai and were stolen by Chhote Mia (Jackie Shroff). They were then to be handed to his brothers. The leader of the trio, Bade Mia (Amitabh Bachchan) is determined to get the diamonds back and so begins a cat-and-mouse game between the three models and the three gangsters.
- Amitabh Bachchan as Bade Mia
- Gulshan Grover as Medium Mia / Cutpiece Salim Suiting Shirting
- Jackie Shroff as Chhote Mia / Abdul 50-50
- Zeenat Aman as Alice
- Katrina Kaif as Rina Kaif / Popdi Chinchpokli
- Madhu Sapre as Anu Gaekwad
- Padma Lakshmi as Sheila Bardez
- Javed Jaffrey as Boom Shankar aka Boom Boom
- Seema Biswas as Bharti
- Boman Irani as Jewellery shop owner/Potential Diamond Buyer in Dubai
- Bo Derek – Cameo appearance
- Rohit Bal – Cameo appearance
- Wendell Rodricks – Cameo appearance
The film performed poorly at the box office. Its lifetime collections amounted to no more than Rs. 32 million (approx. USD 500,000), which would hardly cover the film unit's bills for tea and snacks. So dismal was the performance that the producer of the film, Ayesha Shroff, had to sell some assets belonging to herself and her husband (Jackie Shroff) in order to pay creditors; the money owed to one financer alone amounted to Rs. 180 million. Shroff was to indicate later that her marriage suffered as a consequence, and that her relationship with her husband "was tough after Boom."
The box office performance was particularly egregious in view of the fact that the film featured Amitabh Bachchan, an iconic hero of the Hindi film industry, in a leading role. The actor has attributed the film's poor performance to the incompetence of the film director and his disjointed, "chaotic" telling of what is actually "a chase-and-action story with good potential".
|1||"Boom"||Talvin Singh||Ila Arun|
|2||"Mundian To Bach Ke"||Punjabi MC||Labh Janjua|
|3||"Nachna Tere Naal (Dance With You)"||Rishi Rich, Jay Sean, Juggi D.||Jay Sean, Juggi D.|
|4||"I See You Baby"||Andrew Cato, Tom Findlay, Tod Wooten||Groove Armanda, Gram'ma Funk|
|5||"Dope The Pope"||Sandeep Chowta||Sukhwinder Singh, Sowmya Raoh|
|6||"Punjabi 5-0"||The Dum Dum Project||The Dum Dum Project|
|7||"Zindabad"||Talvin Singh||Ravi Singh|
|8||"Ramp-age"||Sandeep Chowta||Sowmya Raoh|
|10||"Seduction Saavariya"||Sandeep Chowta||Sonu Kakkar, Sunitha Sarathy|
|11||"Two Dons and a Bitch"||Sandeep Chowta||Sandeep Chowta|
|13||"The Crawford Market Feeling"||Sandeep Chowta||Sandeep Chowta|
|14||"Bhavani Dayani"||Jez Humble||Jez Humble|
|15||"Boom (Dat Guy Remix)"||Talvin Singh||Ila Arun|
- Bhatt, Tripti (13 March 2015). "Katrina Kaif at India Today Conclave: Salman will always remain an important part of my life". India Today. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- Ayaz, Shaikh (1 September 2006). "Jackie may revive his banner". Daily News & Analysis. Retrieved 2016-09-04.
- "Boom (2003) – Box Office Earnings". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- Vickey Lalwani (18 August 2009). "Kat is Turquotte, not Kaif: Ayesha Shroff". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 September 2016 – via Mumbai Mirror.
- Pais, Arthur J (1 September 2003). "How AB became Bade Mia". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2016-09-04.
- "How AB became Bade Mia". Rediff.com. September 1, 2003. Retrieved 2018-02-09.