Burbank Airport–North station
Burbank Airport–North is a Metrolink rail station in the city of Burbank, California. Passengers on the Antelope Valley Line, which travels between Lancaster, California and Union Station in downtown Los Angeles, can connect with the Hollywood Burbank Airport. The station is located near the intersection of San Fernando Boulevard and Hollywood Way and a free shuttle bus facilitates trips to the terminal located one-mile (1.6 km) from the station site.
|Location||3600 North San Fernando Boulevard, Burbank, California 91505|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Opened||May 14, 2018|
In 2013, an environmental study was conducted as a prerequisite before construction could begin. Groundbreaking for the station was held on June 21, 2013. A metro.net factsheet dated April 2, 2015, said that construction was scheduled to begin in July 2015 with operations in April 2016. By March 2017, construction had begun on the station. Revenue service began May 14, 2018.
Platforms and tracksEdit
|Main track||■ Antelope Valley Line||toward Lancaster (Sun Valley)|
|■ Antelope Valley Line||toward L.A. Union Station (Downtown Burbank)|
A planned California High Speed Rail station will be located adjacent to the station. That service will operate between Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center (ARTIC), and the Transbay Transit Center in San Francisco.
- Carpio, Anthony Clark (24 April 2018). "As new Metrolink station nears its debut, BurbankBus will change one of its routes". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 4 May 2018.
- Madler, Mark (May 4, 2018). "New Metrolink Station Prompts Burbank Bus Route". San Fernando Valley Business Journal. Retrieved 5 May 2018.
- Sharp, Steven (March 22, 2018). "Progress Report for Metrolinks New Burbank Airport Station". Urbanize LA. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- Hymon, Steve (June 21, 2013). "Event held to celebrate Metrolink platform that will serve Bob Hope Airport in Burbank". The Source. Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
- "Metrolink's new $15-million Burbank station is expected to be completed Spring 2018". Los Angeles Times. 18 March 2017. Retrieved 29 March 2017.
- Siegal, Daniel (June 21, 2013). "Metro breaks ground on new Bob Hope Airport-Hollywood Way Metrolink Station". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 30 May 2016.
|This California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|