Karow station is a railway station on the Berlin–Szczecin railway in the Pankow district of Berlin. It is served by the S-Bahn line and the line NE27 (also known as the Heidekrautbahn), operated by the Niederbarnimer Eisenbahn.
A platform at Karow station, from which S-Bahn as well as regional trains arrive and depart
|Location||Pankow, Berlin, Berlin|
|Owned by||DB Netz|
|Operated by||DB Station&Service|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Train operators||Niederbarnimer Eisenbahn|
|Fare zone||VBB: Berlin B/5656|
|Opened||15 November 1882|
2009 Train CollisionEdit
On 17 April 2009, twenty-four people were injured when a regional train from Stralsund, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, crashed into a freight train carrying propane, north of Berlin. The passengers and railway staff were hurt in the accident which took place 250m outside of Berlin-Karow railway station. Nine of the injured, five of them in critical condition, were taken to nearby hospitals.
- "Stationspreisliste 2020" [Station price list 2020] (PDF) (in German). DB Station&Service. 4 November 2019. Retrieved 15 November 2019.
- "Der VBB-Tarif: Aufteilung des Verbundgebietes in Tarifwaben und Tarifbereiche" (PDF). Verkehrsbetrieb Potsdam. Verkehrsverbund Berlin-Brandenburg. 1 January 2017. Retrieved 25 November 2019.
- "24 injured after trains collide in Germany". cnn.com. 17 April 2009. Retrieved 25 September 2009.
- "24 blessés dans un accident à Berlin". Webtrains.net (in French). 17 April 2009. Archived from the original on 2009-09-27. Retrieved 25 September 2009.
- "A damaged locomotive is pictured at the scene of a train crash ..." 2Space Network. 17 April 2009. Archived from the original on 2009-09-27. Retrieved 25 September 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bahnhof Berlin-Karow.|
|This article about a railway station in Berlin is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Berlin S-Bahn-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|