Bergine launched in March 2010 as the first luxury deal-of-the-day site in the United States. Co-founded by Ian Picache and Patricia Calfee, Bergine was an online retail business providing daily "flash-sale" offers to restaurants, spas and boutiques at up to 70% off retail prices. Headquartered in San Francisco, California Bergine presented weekly and daily offers in San Francisco, Napa Valley and Los Angeles.
|Founder||Patricia Calfee - Ian Picache|
|Owner||Gilt Groupe, Acquired 2010|
Bergine and Gilt Groupe announced the company sale on October 26, 2010. The entire Bergine team went to Gilt Groupe with the exception of Ian Picache. Patricia Calfee joined Gilt Groupe during transition, but left the company in early 2011. Ian Picache, formerly with Technology Crossover Ventures and Morgan Stanley, and Patricia Calfee were the sole investors in Bergine. There is heavy speculation that Gilt Groupe will file for an I.P.O. in 2014.
In 2010, Ian Picache and Patricia Calfee spoke with Woman's Day about the benefits and stress of working together as a couple. Ian Picache returned to private equity in 2012 and now serves as managing member of Two Six Capital.
- "Patricia Calfee of Bergine – Exclusive Interview". 2010-07-12.
- "Gilt Makes its First Acquisition: Bergine". 2010-10-26.
- Fowler, Geoffrey A. (October 16, 2011). "Matrix Partners › Press Room › Gilt Makes Its First Acquisition: Bergine". matrixpartners.com. Archived from the original on October 16, 2011. Retrieved November 15, 2018.CS1 maint: unfit url (link)
- Ari Levy; Leslie Picker (February 10, 2014). "Gilt Groupe Said to Choose Goldman to Manage Web Retailer's IPO". bloomberg.com.
- "7 Couples Who Work Together". Archived from the original on 2011-05-11. Retrieved 2011-06-24.
- "Two Six Capital".