Baudoin Liwanga Mata
Admiral Baudouin Liwanga Mata Nyamunyobo (born 1950) is a Congolese military officer and politician who has served as the Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces of the Democratic Republic of the Congo in 2002–2004 and as the governor of Kinshasa province in 2006–2007.
|Governor of Kinshasa|
|Preceded by||Kimbembe Mazunga|
|Succeeded by||André Kimbuta|
Baudouin Liwanga Mata Nyamunyobo
Équateur, Belgian Congo
|Allegiance||Democratic Republic of the Congo|
|Years of service||? — 2013|
|Commands||Congolese Armed Forces|
He was part of the fifth group of the Officer Training School (Ecole de formation d'officiers) at Kananga, and spent many years overseas, notably in the United States. A naval officer, he was appointed chief of staff of the naval forces under Joseph Mobutu. In August 1998, he was named commandant of the naval forces and promoted major-general in September 1999. He was named commandant of the naval forces in September 1999, he was promoted lieutenant general (amiral for the naval forces), and then armed forces chief of staff on 24 February 2002. Former rebel leaders from the eastern DRC praised Admiral Liwanga Mata as being "above tribal politics." He was replaced by Lieutenant General Kisempia Sungilanga in June 2004.
He was chief of staff of the Armed Forces of the Democratic Republic of the Congo from July–August 2003 to 2004. His appointment was promulgated by Decree No.17/2003 portant nomination des officiers de l'Etat Major General des Forces Armees Congolaises, of 19 August 2003. That decree listed his Matricule service number as 104309/K.
An announcement of his retirement was made by Ordonnance 13/082 of 13 July 2013. It is not clear what post he held between 2003-2013.
- Les cadres congolais de la 3e République, By Joseph-Roger Mazanza Kindulu, Cornelis Nlandu-Tsasa, Editions L'Harmattan, 2009, p.101
- TENSIONS WITHIN CONGO'S RCD EX-REBEL MOVEMENT. US State Department cable, 2 July 2004.
- DR Congo army gets new general chief of staff. Angola Press. Published 22 June 2004.
- "New military command for DR Congo". BBC News. 20 August 2003. Retrieved 17 November 2009.
- "Kinshasa : Arrestation de 300 enfants de la rue qui seraient à l'origine des troubles du 11 novembre". Gaboneco (in French). Archived from the original on 11 July 2011. Retrieved 9 July 2010.
- Ordonnance 13/082 via Jason Stearns, , accessed January 2014.
- DRC Mining Week 2018.
| Chief of Staff of the FARDC
| Chief of Staff of the FARDC Navy
Dieudonne Amuli Bahigwa
| Governor of Kinshasa
Adm. André Kimbuta
|This article about a mayor in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|