Australia's Greatest Athlete (season 2)
The second season of Australia's Greatest Athlete was broadcast on the Seven Network and hosted by Mark Beretta and Tom Williams, with Ricky Ponting presenting occasional fitness tips and interviews with the competitors in video packages. It was once again sponsored by Rexona, which had naming rights to the show.
|Australia's Greatest Athlete|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Original network||Seven Network|
|Original release||6 February –|
28 February 2010
Billy Slater, who won the first season of the show, returned to defend his title. By the end of the series, Slater had successfully defended his title by just 5 points, winning the title, trophy and $10,000 for the Royal Children's Hospital in Brisbane.
The season began on 6 February 2010 and aired at 4:30 pm on both Saturdays and Sundays, and concluded on 28 February 2010.
- Matthew Mitcham – Olympic diving gold medallist
- Jason Culina – A-League soccer player
- Cameron Ling – Australian rules footballer
- James O'Connor – Rugby Union player
- Wendell Sailor – Rugby league and Rugby Union player
- Craig Lowndes – V8 Supercar driver
- Shannon Eckstein – Two-time world Ironman champion
- Billy Slater – NRL player and series defending champion
- Mini Iron-man Challenge
- Poles Challenge
- 25 m Swimming Challenge
- Soccer Challenge
- Rugby Oztag Challenge
- Jet Ski Challenge
- 40m Sprint
- Rock Climbing Challenge
- NRL Sled Push
- Bench Press Challenge
- Core Strength Challenge
- Kayaking Challenge
- V8 Buggy Challenge
- AFL Kick For Goal
The following table shows how many points each competitor earned throughout the series.
|Diving||Kayaking||V8 Buggy||AFL Kick||Multisport|
- † indicates this event was the 'sports specific challenge' for this athlete
- The contestant won the challenge
- The contestant came second in the challenge
- The contestant came last in the challenge
- The contestant won the series
- The contestant came second overall in the series
- The contestant came last overall in the series
- Matthew Mitcham and Cameron Ling were the only competitors not to have won an event.
- "Matthew Mitcham For Australia's Greatest Athlete". TV Tonight. Retrieved 2010-02-07.
- "Returning: Australia's Greatest Athlete". TV Tonight. Retrieved 2010-02-07.