Arris International(Redirected from Arris Group)
Arris International plc (styled as ARRIS) is a US-based telecommunications equipment manufacturing company (incorporated in England and Wales that provides cable operators with data, video and telephony systems for homes and businesses. The company's principal executive offices are located in Suwanee, Georgia, United States, and it has design, engineering, manufacturing, distribution, service and sales office locations worldwide.
|Public limited company|
|Traded as||NASDAQ: ARRS|
S&P 400 Component
|Bruce McClelland (CEO)|
|Revenue||US$6.614 billion (2017)|
|US$123.012 million (2017)|
|US$92.027 million (2017)|
|Total assets||US$7.624 billion (2017)|
|Total equity||US$3.184 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
|8,700 (January 2018)|
Two of the company's popular home telephony modems are the TM402P and the TM502G. The firm also produces the SBG6580 wireless cable modem-and-router (residential gateway) unit, among other telecommunications and data-transfer products.
In November, 2001, Arris announced that it would acquire the assets of Cadant Inc., a Naperville, IL-based privately held designer and manufacturer of cable modem termination systems. The acquisition was completed on January 31, 2002.
On September 1, 2009, Arris acquired certain assets of EG Technology, Inc., (EGT), an Atlanta-based company. That same month, Arris purchased the assets of Digeo, Inc. (including Moxi), for approximately $20 million.
On December 19, 2012, Arris announced that it would acquire Motorola Mobility's home unit (the former General Instrument company) from Google for $2.35 billion in cash and stock. The acquisition was completed on April 17, 2013. With that acquisition, Arris grew its presence in the set-top box market.
On April 22, 2015, Arris Group agreed to acquire set top box manufacturer Pace plc of the United Kingdom, and completed the acquisition on Jan. 4, 2016 in a stock and cash deal that valued Pace at £1.4 billion ($2.1 billion). The resultant combined group is incorporated in the United Kingdom, but operationally managed from Arris's location in Suwanee, Georgia, United States. Pace shareholders own 24% of the combined company, and Arris shareholders 76%.
On August 19, 2014, Arris announced a sponsorship of NASCAR driver Carl Edwards. Edwards drove the No. 19 Toyota Camry in the Sprint Cup Series for Joe Gibbs Racing, while Daniel Suárez drove the Arris No. 18 in the NASCAR Xfinity Series, from 2015 to 2016 until Edwards left the sport in January 2017. Starting with the 2017 Daytona 500, Suárez replaced Edwards in the Arris-sponsored No. 19 Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing.
- "Arris International PLC 2017 Annual Report (Form 10-K)". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. February 2018. Retrieved 1 April 2018.
- September 30, 2018 Form 10-Q filed with the SEC)
- ARRIS TM402P FAQ Videotron VoIP cable English - dslreports.com Archived October 24, 2016, at the Wayback Machine
- ARRIS to acquire Cadant Inc. Archived May 18, 2015, at the Wayback Machine
- Arris closes Cadant deal Archived March 4, 2016, at the Wayback Machine
- Inc., ARRIS Group. "ARRIS Announces Acquisition of C-COR in Cash and Stock Transaction". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
- ARRIS Acquires Assets of EG Technology Inc.[dead link]
- ARRIS Purchases Digeo, Inc. in Cash Transaction[dead link]
- Arris Group to buy BigBand Networks for $172M Archived 2015-02-26 at the Wayback Machine
- ARRIS Group, Inc. (December 19, 2012). "ARRIS To Acquire Motorola Home Business For $2.35 Billion In Cash And Stock" (Press release). Thomson Reuters.
- Stynes, Tess (December 20, 2012), "Google Sells Cable-Box Unit for $2.35 Billion", The Wall Street Journal, p. B2
- "ARRIS Acquires Motorola Home: Creates Premier Video Delivery and Broadband Technology Company Powerful Combination Transforms Industry, Accelerates Innovation" (Press release). April 17, 2013.
- Baumgartner, Jeff (14 Jan 2015). "Arris Not Boxed Out Of 'Worldbox' Opportunity". MultiChannel.com. Retrieved 25 Jan 2015.
- "Pace bought by US-based Arris for £1.4bn". BBC News. 22 April 2015. Retrieved 22 April 2015.
- "ARRIS Completes Pace Acquisition: Combined companies to transform video and broadband delivery through broadened portfolio, global footprint, and customer base". Arris official website (press release). Arris. 4 January 2016. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Arris slaps down US$800m to buy Brocade's wireless bits". The Register. 23 February 2017. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- "ARRIS to Acquire Ruckus Wireless and ICX Switch Business for $800 Million in Cash". Arris official website (press release). Arris. 22 February 2017. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- "CommScope to Acquire ARRIS: Approximately $7.4 Billion Transaction Accelerates CommScope Vision to Shape Communications Networks of the Future". The Register. 8 November 2018. Retrieved 9 November 2018.
- Bruce, Kenny (August 19, 2014). "Carl Edwards to join Joe Gibbs Racing in 2015: Driver will run fourth car for Joe Gibbs Racing starting in 2015; Suarez becomes full-time NNS driver for organization". NASCAR.com. NASCAR Digital Media, LLC. Retrieved August 20, 2014.
- "Daniel Suárez Joins Stewart-Haas Racing". Stewart-Haas Racing. January 7, 2019. Retrieved January 9, 2019.
- "ARRIS Joins Esports, Sponsors the Philadelphia Fusion | ARRIS Everywhere". www.arris.com. Retrieved 2019-02-16.