Archie Shepp – Bill Dixon Quartet
Archie Shepp – Bill Dixon Quartet is the debut album by saxophonist Archie Shepp and trumpeter Bill Dixon released on the Savoy label in 1962. The album features three performances by Shepp & Dixon with Don Moore and Paul Cohen and a version of Ornette Coleman's composition "Peace" with Reggie Workman and Howard McRae. The album was also rereleased in 1970 as Peace on the French BYG label, flipping the running order on side two ("Somewhere" followed by "Peace"), and on CD in 2010 as a "unauthorized European" edition on the Free Factory label, using the Savoy title but the BYG running order.
|Archie Shepp – Bill Dixon Quartet|
|Studio album by|
|Producer||Archie Shepp, Bill Dixon|
|Archie Shepp chronology|
|Bill Dixon chronology|
- "Trio" (Bill Dixon) - 8:53
- "Quartet" (Bill Dixon) - 9:16
- "Peace" (Ornette Coleman) - 9:28
- "Somewhere" (Leonard Bernstein) - 6:00
- Recorded in NYC in October 1962
- "Archie Shepp / Bill Dixon - Peace (LP) at Discogs". www.discogs.com. Retrieved 2009-07-30.