All-Out War (comics)
|Publication date||September–October 1979 – July–August 1980|
|No. of issues||6|
|Main character(s)||Viking Commando|
The first issue was published with an September–October 1979 cover date. Joe Kubert drew the cover art for the entire run and Murray Boltinoff was the editor of the series. The series was in the Dollar Comics format and the lead character was the Viking Commando created by writer Robert Kanigher and artist George Evans. Other features included "Black Eagle" by Kanigher and artists Dick Ayers and Romeo Tanghal and "Guerrilla War starring Force 3" by Kanigher and Jerry Grandenetti. All-Out War was canceled with issue #6 (July–August 1980). The Viking Commando later appeared in a two-part backup feature in Unknown Soldier #266 (Aug. 1982) and #267 (Sept. 1982).
- Overstreet, Robert M. (2019). Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide (49th ed.). Timonium, Maryland: Gemstone Publishing. p. 445. ISBN 978-1603602334.
- All-Out War at the Grand Comics Database
- Romero, Max (July 2012). "I'll Buy That For a Dollar! DC Comics' Dollar Comics". Back Issue!. Raleigh, North Carolina: TwoMorrows Publishing (57): 39–41.
- McAvennie, Michael; Dolan, Hannah, ed. (2010). "1970s". DC Comics Year By Year A Visual Chronicle. London, United Kingdom: Dorling Kindersley. p. 182. ISBN 978-0-7566-6742-9.
The Viking Commando, whose origin unfolded in 'D-Day for a Viking' by writer Robert Kanigher and artist George Evans.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- Kanigher, Robert (w), Evans, George (p), Evans, George (i). "D-Day for a Viking" All-Out War 1 (September–October 1979)
- Kanigher, Robert (w), Ayers, Dick (p), Tanghal, Romeo (i). "Brother with Wings" All-Out War 1 (September–October 1979)
- Kanigher, Robert (w), Grandenetti, Jerry (p), Grandenetti, Jerry (i). "Funeral March for a Guerilla Fighter!" All-Out War 1 (September–October 1979)
- Sacks, Jason; Dallas, Keith (2014). "Chapter Ten: 1979". American Comic Book Chronicles: The 1970s. Raleigh, North Carolina: TwoMorrows Publishing. p. 271. ISBN 978-1605490564.
- Kanigher, Robert (w), Evans, George (p), Evans, George (i). "War's Last Weapon" Unknown Soldier 266 (August 1982)
- Kanigher, Robert (w), Evans, George (p), Evans, George (i). "War's Last Weapon" Unknown Soldier 267 (September 1982)
- All-Out War at the Comic Book DB
- All-Out War at Mike's Amazing World of Comics
- Daily Planet Volume 79 Issue #23 (May 21, 1979) house advertisement for All-Out War at Mike's Amazing World of Comics
- "Who's the Viking Commando?". Siskoid's Blog of Geekery. February 3, 2015. Archived from the original on September 10, 2019. Retrieved September 10, 2019.