|Albanian Land Force|
|Motto(s)||Fatherland, Honour, And Duty|
|President of Albania||Ilir Meta|
|Minister of Defense||Niko Peleshi|
|Chief of the Albanian General Staff||Maj. Gen. Bajram Begaj|
|Commander of the Land Forces||Brig. Gen. Arben Kingji|
The Albanian Land Force's main mission is the defense of the independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Republic of Albania, participation in humanitarian, combat, non-combat and peace support operations.
Land Force is a priority unit in the structure of the Armed Forces. Land Force was established on August 29, 2000, and included military units with traditions and rich multi-year activity, spread across the territory of the Republic of Albania. In 2000 the Land Force included five infantry divisions with 55 brigades and 300 battalions deployed in 167 different regions of the country. During its continuous reform, the Land Force underwent new changes. In 2006 it was dissolved and the Joint Force Command was established. In the context of the ongoing transformation of the Armed Forces, based on the concept of an army small in number, operational and professional, on 9 December 2009 the Land Force was re-established on the basis of Rapid Reaction Brigade and Commando Regiment.
Based on the constitutional mission, the Land Force was involved in a process of profound transformation according to Western military concepts, and with the transition of the entire force from a conscript military service into a professional army, its operational level has increased. The structures of Land Force have been engaged in Peace Support Operations in Bosnia-Herzegovina, Iraq, Chad and currently in Herat and Kandahar, Afghanistan. Land Force has the major share in peacekeeping operations in the framework of NATO, UN and EU. The Land Force is managed by young qualified leaders educated in military schools of NATO countries, as in the United States, Italy, Turkey, Germany, United Kingdom, Austria, etc., based on cooperation projects with these countries.
Land Force is engaged in civil emergency operations to help the community in cases of natural disasters, such as floods and blocked roads, and aid in distribution in cases of heavy snowfalls, fire suppression operations, etc.
Since its establishment the Land Force has been led by experienced commanders. From 2000 to 2006 it was headed by Maj. Gen. Kostaq Karoli; from 2006 to 2008 it was led by Brig. Gen. Shpëtim Spahiu; from 2008-August 2012 by Brig. Gen. Viktor Berdo. From August 2012 to November 2013 it has been commanded by Maj. Gen. Zyber Dushku. Since 11 November 2013, Maj. Gen. Jeronim Bazo has been Chief of Staff.
Organizational divisions of the land force include:
- Land Force, in Zall-Herr
- Command and Staff, in Zall-Herr
- Staff Support Company, in Zall-Herr
- 1st Infantry Battalion, in Vau i Dejës
- 2nd Infantry Battalion, in Zall-Herr (assigned to NATO Response Force)
- 3rd Infantry Battalion, in Poshnjë
- Commando Battalion (Albania), in Zall-Herr
- Special Operations Battalion, in Zall-Herr
- Combat Support Battalion, in Zall-Herr
- "Zall-Herr" Garrison, in Zall-Herr
- Training Centre, in Zall-Herr
|NATO code||OF-10||OF-9||OF-8||OF-7||OF-6||OF-5||OF-4||OF-3||OF-2||OF-1||OF(D)||Student officer|
| Albanian Land Force
|Gjeneral lejtant||Gjeneral major||Gjeneral brigade||Kolonel||Nënkolonel||Major||Kapiten||Toger||Nëntoger|
| Albanian Land Force
|Kryekapter||Kapter||Rreshter||Tetar||Nëntetar||Ushtar IV||Ushtar III||Ushtar II||Ushtar I|
- Maintaining and developing capacities to provide a high level of readiness.
- Continuous and sufficient training to deal with the tasks that might be assigned to it.
- Assisting the community in cases of humanitarian emergencies; supporting search and rescue operations.
- Cooperating with other national institutions in preventing illegal trafficking, smuggling of people and conventional weapons in Albania.
- Training and participating with troops in peace support missions in the framework of NATO, EU and UN.
Albanian soldiers with VHS rifles
- Mesi, Herion. "Sulmet nga terrorizmi, Shqipëria do të blejë raketa në një rreze 70 km - Gazeta SHQIP Online". gazeta-shqip.com.
- "Land Force". Albanian Armed Forces. Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- "Land Force structure". Albanian Armed Forces. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "GRADAT, FORCA TOKËSORE" (PDF). aaf.mil.al (in Albanian). Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 April 2021. Retrieved 25 May 2021.
- Ministry of Defence of Albania
- Albanian Armed Forces
- http://www.aaf.mil.al/english/index.php/land-force Mission of Albanian land forces
- http://www.aaf.mil.al/english/index.php/land-force Specific tasks of Albanian land forces
- http://www.aaf.mil.al/english/index.php/land-force/126-historiku-i-forces-tokesore History of Albanian land forces
- http://www.armyrecognition.com/world-army-equipment-topmenu-993/east-europe-topmenu-85/albania-topmenu-742?task=view&id=2576 Heavy armoured and tanks Albanian Armed Forces
- http://www.armyrecognition.com/world-army-equipment-topmenu-993/east-europe-topmenu-85/albania-topmenu-742?task=view&id=2576 Mortar