Ubaid, Abyad, Obeid, Ebeid, Ubayd, Ubayyid, Ubaidi, Al-Ubaid, El-Obeid, &c. are all romanizations of عبید, an Arabic word or name forming the diminutive form of ʿAbd, meaning 'servant' or 'slave'. It is often understood as the shortened form of Ubayd Allah, meaning "small/humble servant of God".
- El-Obeid, a city in Sudan
- El Obeid Airport
- Tell al-'Ubaid, a type site of the Ubaid period
- Al Ubaidi, a town in Iraq
- Beit Obeid, or Beit Abid, a village in Zgharta District, in the Northern Governorate of Lebanon
- Wadi al-Abyad in Iraq
- Wadi Al Abyadh in Oman
- 21712 Obaid (1999 RL96), a Main-belt Asteroid
- Ubaid period, a Neolithic and Chalcolithic period in Mesopotamia
- Ubayd Allah, for the many variants of that name, based upon this one and the Arabic word for "God"