Ahn Sang-soo (born February 1946)
Ahn Sang-soo (hangul:안상수, hanja:安商守, born February 9, 1946, in Changwon) is a South Korean politician. He was chairman of the Grand National Party, the precursor to the Saenuri Party.  He was the Mayor of Changwon from 2014 to 2018. He hopes to improve that city's bicycle-sharing plan.
|Mayor of Changwon|
1 July 2014 – 30 June 2018
|Preceded by||Park Wan-soo|
|Succeeded by||Huh Sung-moo|
|Chairman of the Grand National Party|
14 July 2010 – 8 May 2011
|Preceded by||Chung Mong-joon|
|Succeeded by||Jeong Ui-hwa (Interim)|
|Member of the National Assembly|
30 May 1996 – 29 May 2012
|Preceded by||Park Je-sang|
|Succeeded by||Song Ho-chang|
|Born||9 February 1946|
Changwon, South Gyeongsang Province, South Korea
|Political party||United Future|
|Alma mater||Masan High School|
Seoul National University School of Law (LL.B.)
|Revised Romanization||An Sang-su|
He mistook thermos flasks as North Korean artillery shells in a bombed-out house afflicted after the Bombardment of Yeonpyeong. This has stirred controversies in the National Assembly of South Korea.
- "Saenuri Party History". Saenuri Party website. Retrieved 2015-02-25.
- Bae, Hyun-jung (2011-04-28). "Ruling party leaders resign". The Korea Herald. Retrieved 2011-12-17.
- "Interview with the Mayor of Changwon: Mayor Ahn Sang-soo". ICLEI. 2014-08-04. Archived from the original on 2014-12-11. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- "Mayor Ahn Sang Soo of Changwon egged during an assembly meeting". allkpop. September 16, 2014. Archived from the original on December 8, 2014. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- "Alliance Chair City has new Mayor". EcoMobility. 2014-07-17. Archived from the original on December 9, 2014. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- "South Korean party chief claims Thermos flasks are North Korean shells". The Telegraph. 2010-12-02. Retrieved 2010-12-03.