Because the letter s is a sun letter, the letter l of the al- is usually assimilated to it. Thus although the name is written with letters corresponding to Abd al-Sattar, the usual pronunciation corresponds to Abd as-Sattar. Alternative transliterations include Abdus Sattar, Abd al-Sattar and others, all subject to variant spacing and hyphenation.
It may refer to:
- Abdus Sattar (president) (1906–1985), Bangladeshi jurist and politician who served as president of Bangladesh, November 1981 to March 1982
- Maulana Abdul Sattar Khan Niazi (1915–2001), Pakistani religious and political leader
- Abdus Sattar (Murshidabad politician) (1925-1991), Indian National Congress politician
- Mohammad Abdus Sattar (1925–2011), Indian footballer
- Abdul Sattar Edhi (1928-2016), Pakistani philanthropist
- Abdul Sattar Afghani (1930–2006), Pakistani politician
- Abdul Satar Sirat (born 1937), Afghan politician
- Abdus Suttar Khan (1941–2008), Bangladeshi aerospace researcher
- Abdul Sattar Jawad (born 1943), Iraqi-American professor of English
- Ibrahim Ahmad Abd al-Sattar Muhammad (1956–2010), chief of staff of the Iraqi armed forces before the 2003 invasion
- Abdul Sattar Abu Risha (1972–2007), Iraqi Sunni tribal leader and ally of the U.S.
- Abdel Sattar Sabry (born 1974), Egyptian footballer
- Abdel Sattar Sinan (1991), Swiss-Egyptian photographer
- Abdul Sattar (Guantanamo detainee 10) (born 1981), Pakistani prisoner in Guantanamo
- Abdul Sattar Bhagat (active 1970), Pakistani cricketer
- Abdul Sattar (diplomat) (1931-2019), Foreign Minister of Pakistan 1993 and 1999–2002
- Abdus Sattar (West Bengal politician), Communist Party of India (Marxist) 21st century politician
- Zuhayr Talib Abd al-Sattar al-Naqib, director of military intelligence in Iraq before the 2003 invasion
- Abdel-Sattar Abdel-Jabbar, Iraqi political activist in 2004
- Abdussattar Shaikh, FBI informant 1994–2003
- Abdul-Satar al-Bahadli (fl. 2004), Iraqi Shi'a cleric
- Abdul Sattar Murad (b. 1958), Afghan politician, governor of Kapisa province 2004–07
- Abdul Sattar Khan (politician) (b. 1975), a Pakistani politician
- Abdus Sattar (politician), a Bangladeshi politician and former member of parliament from Tangail-1.
- Abdul Sattar Abdul Nabi, a Maharashtra politician representing Sillod constituency
- Salahuddin Ahmed (1999). A Dictionary of Muslim Names. London: Hurst & Company.
- S. A. Rahman (2001). A Dictionary of Muslim Names. New Delhi: Goodword Books.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|