A K M Nurul Islam
|A K M Nurul Islam|
|5th Vice President of Bangladesh|
|President||Hussain Muhammad Ershad|
|Preceded by||Mohammad Mohammadullah|
|Succeeded by||Moudud Ahmed|
|Born||1 August 1919|
15 November 2015 (aged 96)|
Nurul was a judge in the High Court judge from 1967 to 1971. From 17 February 1985 to 12 August 1989, he was the law minister of Bangladesh. He was the chief election commissioner of Bangladesh Election Commission. He was made the vice president on December 1986 under President Ershad.
- Reuters (1986-12-01). "Vice President Named By Bangladesh Leader". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-04-13.
- "Former vice-president Justice AKM Nurul Islam dies - New Age". New Age. Retrieved 2016-04-13.
- Preston, Ian (2001-01-01). A Political Chronology of Central, South and East Asia. Psychology Press. p. 21. ISBN 9781857431148.
- "Former vice-president Justice Nurul Islam dies - New Age". New Age. Retrieved 2016-04-13.
- "Justice AKM Nurul Islam no more". daily-sun.com. Retrieved 2016-04-13.
|This article about a Bangladeshi politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|