(Redirected from 8251)
The 8251 is a Universal Synchronous/Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter packaged in a 28-pin DIP made by Intel. It is typically used for serial communication and was rated for 19.2 kilobits per second signalling rate.
It includes 5 sections
- read/write control logic
- data bus system
- modem control
|Model Number||Temperature Range||Date of Release||Price (USD)[list 1]|
- In quantities of 100 and up
- Mikrocomputer Bausteine, Datenbuch 1979/80, Band 3, Peripherie, Siemens AG, Bestellnummer B 2049, pp. 64–101.
- NEC Electronics (Europe) GmbH, 1982 Catalog, pp. 631–648
- Intel Corporation, "Microcomputer Component: New industrial grade product line answers the demand for high-reliability components to operate in industrial applications.", Intel Preview, March/April 1979, Pg. 11
- Intel Corporation, "Intel peripherals enhance 8086 system design", Intel Preview Special Issue: 16-Bit Solution, May/June 1980, Pg. 22
- Intel SDK-86 MCS-86 System Design Kit User's Guide
- LA120 Technical Manual