(Redirected from 760 BC)
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article concerns the period 769 BC – 760 BC.
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
Events and trendsEdit
- 763 BC—June 15—A solar eclipse at this date (in month Sivan) is used to fix the chronology of the Ancient Near East.
- Amaziah, king of Judah, dies and is succeeded by his son Uzziah.
- Argishtis I of Urartu (r. 786-764 BC)
- Amaziah of Judah (co-ruled Judah with Uzziah c. 792-768 BC, according to Edwin R. Thiele)
- Archilaus, king of Sparta
- Marduk-apla-usur, king of Babylon (r. c. 780-769 BC)
- Eriba-Marduk, king of Babylon (r. c. 769-761 BC)
- Rivallo (legendary king of the Britons)
- Alara of Nubia, King of Kuch (r. 795-c. 765 BC
- Uzziah, king of Judah (ruled Judah solely until c. 751 BC)