This article concerns the period 749 BC – 740 BC.
Events and trendsEdit
- 748 BC—Anticles of Messenia wins the stadion race at the eighth Olympic Games.
- 747 BC—February 26 – Nabonassar becomes king of Babylon.
- 747 BC—Meles becomes king of Lydia.
- c. 744 BC—Piye starts to rule in parts of Ancient Egypt.
- 745 BC—The crown of Assyria seized by Pul, who takes the name Tiglath-Pileser III.
- 745 BC—Legendary death of Titus Tatius Roman King (Diarchy with Romulus ).
- 744 BC—Xenocles of Messenia wins the stadion race at the ninth Olympic Games.
- 743 BC—Duke Zhuang of the Chinese state of Zheng comes to power.
- 743 BC—Beginning of the First Messenian War.
- 740 BC—Tiglath-Pileser III conquers the city of Arpad in Syria after two years of siege.
- 740 BC—Start of Ahaz's reign of Judah.
- 740 BC—Dotades of Messenia wins the stadion race at the tenth Olympic Games.
- "Figure 4: Distribution of major Alonella clades (both original and sequences retrieved from NCBI GenBank)". dx.doi.org. Retrieved 2022-07-22.