2020 coronavirus pandemic in the British Virgin Islands
This article is about a current disease pandemic where information can change quickly or be unreliable. The latest page updates may not reflect the most up-to-date information. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|2020 coronavirus pandemic in British Virgin Islands|
|Location||British Virgin Islands|
|First outbreak||Wuhan, China|
|Arrival date||25 March 2020|
On 12 January 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) confirmed that a novel coronavirus was the cause of a respiratory illness in a cluster of people in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China, which was reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019.
The case fatality ratio for COVID-19 has been much lower than SARS of 2003, but the transmission has been significantly greater, with a significant total death toll. From 19 March, Public Health England no longer classified COVID-19 as a "High consequence infectious disease".
On March 25, the British Virgin Islands confirmed its first two cases of COVID-19. One of the patients was a 56-year-old male resident who travelled from Europe on March 15. Patient B was a 32-year-old male resident who travelled recently from New York City and came into contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19 on March 8.
- "BVI confirms first two cases of coronavirus". BVI News. 25 March 2020. Retrieved 26 March 2020.
- Elsevier. "Novel Coronavirus Information Center". Elsevier Connect. Archived from the original on 30 January 2020. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- Reynolds, Matt (4 March 2020). "What is coronavirus and how close is it to becoming a pandemic?". Wired UK. ISSN 1357-0978. Archived from the original on 5 March 2020. Retrieved 5 March 2020.
- "Crunching the numbers for coronavirus". Imperial News. Archived from the original on 19 March 2020. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- "High consequence infectious diseases (HCID); Guidance and information about high consequence infectious diseases and their management in England". GOV.UK. Archived from the original on 3 March 2020. Retrieved 17 March 2020.
- "World Federation Of Societies of Anaesthesiologists – Coronavirus". www.wfsahq.org. Archived from the original on 12 March 2020. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
|This article about COVID-19 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This British Virgin Islands–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|