2020 coronavirus pandemic in Gabon
This article is about a current pandemic where information can change quickly or be unreliable. The latest page updates may not reflect the most up-to-date information. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|2020 coronavirus pandemic in Gabon|
|First outbreak||Wuhan, China|
|Arrival date||12 March 2020|
(3 weeks and 6 days)
On 12 January 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) confirmed that a novel coronavirus was the cause of a respiratory illness in a cluster of people in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China, which was reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019.
On 17 March, two additional cases were confirmed in the country, including a woman who works at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. She visited Marseille and Paris before returning to the country. The other patient is a 29-year-old border police officer working at the Leon Mba Libreville International Airport. She checked the passport of the first confirmed case in Gabon, who arrived from France on March 8.
On 20 March, the first death was confirmed.
On 24 March, diagnosed cases increased to six with the Ministry of Health announcing two new cases: a 45-year-old Togolese national, resident of Gabon and recently returned from Senegal on March 11 and a 42-year-old Gabonese national returned from France on March 19.
- Elsevier. "Novel Coronavirus Information Center". Elsevier Connect. Archived from the original on 30 January 2020. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- Reynolds, Matt (4 March 2020). "What is coronavirus and how close is it to becoming a pandemic?". Wired UK. ISSN 1357-0978. Archived from the original on 5 March 2020. Retrieved 5 March 2020.
- "Crunching the numbers for coronavirus". Imperial News. Archived from the original on 19 March 2020. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- "High consequence infectious diseases (HCID); Guidance and information about high consequence infectious diseases and their management in England". GOV.UK. Archived from the original on 3 March 2020. Retrieved 17 March 2020.
- "World Federation Of Societies of Anaesthesiologists – Coronavirus". www.wfsahq.org. Archived from the original on 12 March 2020. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- "Ghana, Gabon confirm first cases of coronavirus". National Post. Reuters. 13 March 2020. Retrieved 13 March 2020.
- "Urgent : 2 nouveaux cas confirmés de Covid-19". GabonActu. 17 March 2020. Retrieved 20 March 2020.
- "2 new COVID-19 cases confirmed in Gabon - Xinhua | English.news.cn". www.xinhuanet.com. Retrieved 26 March 2020.
- "Coronavirus : premier décès enregistré au Gabon". GabonMediaTime. 20 March 2020. Retrieved 20 March 2020.
- "Covid-19 : Le Gabon enregistre son 6è cas positif". 23 March 2020.
|This article about COVID-19 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Gabon-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|