2006 Formula Renault 3.5 Series
(Redirected from 2006 Formula Renault 3.5 Series season)
|2006 Formula Renault 3.5 Series|
Teams and driversEdit
Calendar and race winnersEdit
- Pastor Maldonado originally won the first race at Misano, but was disqualified for a technical infringement. His team, Draco Multiracing USA, appealed the decision, but on January 24, 2007 the Italian National Court of Appeal for Motorsport upheld the original ruling.
- Borja García originally won the second race at Spa, but was disqualified for a technical infringement. However, on October 27, 2006 a court decided to revoke the disqualification and returned the win and points to both the driver and the team. His team, RC Motorsport, did however receive a financial penalty for the infringement.
Points were awarded at the end of each race according to the following system:
- One point was awarded for Pole position for each race
- One point was awarded for fastest lap for each race
The maximum number of points a driver could earn each weekend (except Monaco) was 34 and the maximum number for a team was 58.
- Polesitter for feature race in bold
- Driver in italics has been awarded two points for fastest lap
- † — Drivers did not finish the race, but were classified as they completed over 90% of the race distance.
- Miloš Pavlović set the fastest lap in the sprint race at Donington Park, but was not awarded the two bonus points because of a yellow flag infringement
|2||Draco Multiracing USA||132||3||6|
|12||Tech 1 Racing||40|