10th Fighter Wing
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The 10th Fighter Wing was a unit of the United States Army Air Forces. Its last assignment was with the Fourth Air Force, based at Hamilton Army Airfield, California. It was inactivated on 1 December 1943.
|10th Fighter Wing|
|Active||1 October 1942 – 1 December 1943|
|Disbanded||1 December 1943|
|Allegiance||United States Air Force|
|Role||Fighter Command and Control|
Assigned to Fourth Air Force as prewar Pursuit Wing, remained active at Hamilton Field, California until 1 December 1943.
- Constituted as 10th Pursuit Wing on 1 December 1940
- Activated on 10 December 1940
- Inactivated on 7 December 1941.
- Redesignated 10th Fighter Wing and activated on 1 October 1942
- Inactivated on 1 May 1943
- Disbanded on 1 December 1943
- Southwest Air District (later 4th Air Force), 10 December 1940 – 1 May 1943.
- Hamilton Field, California, 10 December 1940 – 1 May 1943