||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (January 2010)|
A typical project running on Windows XP.
|Stable release||2.0 / 2006|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Type||Qualitative Data Analysis Qualitative Research|
XSight is computer software developed by QSR International for qualitative data analysis (QDA). It is a tool that aids researchers or individuals who are undertaking short term qualitative research analysis on projects involving non-numerical data.Qualitative research can encompass business intelligence, marketing research or data analysis.
XSight software assists researchers or other professionals working with non-numerical or unstructured data to compile, compare and make sense of their information. It provides a range of analysis frameworks for importing, classifying and arranging data; tools for testing theories and relationships between items; and the ability to visually map and report thoughts and findings.
Designed for rapid analysis, XSight can handle small or large volumes of data and search and query tools support the review and reflection process and users can look for patterns, make comparisons, and interrogate the data in seconds.
- 600 MHz Pentium II-compatible processor or faster (1.2 GHz recommended).
- 128 MB RAM (256 MB recommended).
- 800 x 600 screen resolution or higher (1024 x 768 recommended).
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4 or later (Windows XP Service Pack 2 recommended).
- Approximately 300 MB of available hard-disk space.
- Internet connection recommended for software activation.
XSight is used predominantly by commercial market researchers, but also by professionals and students in a diverse range of areas, from health and law to telecommunications and tourism. It is useful for evaluating a variety of information to review results and draw conclusions. Some examples of uses include tracking customer satisfaction, testing an advertising campaign, researching new packaging or even evaluating information garnered in research such as community consultation projects.
- 2004 - XSight 1.1 is first released in April and XSight 1.2 is released in October of the same year.
- 2006 - XSight 2.0 is released 
- "What is qualitative research?" QSR International Retrieved on 27-11-2008.
- Duncan Stuart, Research News (5 February 2008) "Rewarded with fresh insights Article"
- Lisa Pakenham, Admap Editorial (July 2005) "Can Qual Research Benefit From Data Analysis Software?"
- "QSR XSight 2" Pugh Computers Retrieved on 09-03-2011.