William C. Kortz
|William C. Kortz II|
|Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
from the 38th district
January 2, 2007
|Preceded by||Kenneth W. Ruffing|
|Alma mater||Indiana University of Pennsylvania|
Prior to elective office, Kortz served as an Operations Manager for the Irvin U.S. Steel plant. Kortz attended McKeesport Area High School and received a bachelor’s degree in criminology from Indiana University of Pennsylvania. He also attended classes at the Duquesne University M.B.A. program.
Kortz, who was affiliated with anti-incumbent group PACleanSweep, defeated incumbent Representative Kenneth W. Ruffing in the 2006 Democratic party primary. Ruffing faced criticism stemming from his vote in favor of the controversial 2005 legislative pay raise.
- "SESSION OF 2007 191ST OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY No. 1". LEGISLATIVE JOURNAL. Pennsylvania House of Representatives. 2007-01-02. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- "2006 General Election - Representative in the General Assembly". Commonwealth of PA - Elections Information. Pennsylvania Department of State. 2004. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- "Representative William C. 'Bill' Kortz, II (PA)". Project Vote Smart. Project Vote Smart. 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- "Rep. William C. Kortz Biography". Pennsylvania House Democratic Caucus. 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-15.
- "2006 General Primary - Representative in the General Assembly". Commonwealth of PA - Elections Information. Pennsylvania Department of State. 2004. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- Ackerman, Jan (2006-04-26). "Campaign 2006: Ruffing in three-way race in primary". Pittsburgh Post Gazette (PG Publishing Co.,). Retrieved 2009-01-11.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - William C. Kortz official PA House website
- Pennsylvania House Democratic Caucus - William C. Kortz official caucus website
|This article about a member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|