Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2012-08-27/Discussion report
Last modified on 30 August 2012, at 01:50
↑Jump back a section
Sidebar and main page alterations; Recent Deaths; Education Program extension
- Additions to the sidebar
- There has been a suggestion to add links for the Article creation wizard and the Teahouse to the sidebar.
- Adding broad topic box to main page
- A new section on the main page has been suggested to encourage editing of more topics. This box would contain broad topics that may persuade a reader to become an editor.
- Closing Wikiquette assistance
- Wikiquette assistance is a place where users who feel they are being treated uncivilly can request assistance in order to come to a mutual solution.
- Proposal to promote to guideline
- Wikipedia:Official names is an essay that has been cited in many instances including requested moves. Is it time to promote this essay to a guideline or merge it into existing guidelines?
- Main page redesign
- A competition has begun to find a better alternative to the current main page, which was last redesigned in March 2006.
Requests for comment
- Categorization of persons
- Should biographies be further categorized to include genetic and cultural heritage, faith or sexual orientation?
- Changing the Mediation Committee
- Users are requesting input on how the Mediation Committee should be changed or if it should be closed.
- There are currently 5 methods for how administrators can lose their rights with 3 being controlled by the administrator. Should more community based action be available to remove administrator rights or once elected to become administrator, are you one for life?
- Global ban discussion
- As mentioned in previous Discussion reports, the community is still trying to work on the details of the global ban policy regarding problematic editors.
- Recent Deaths blurb discussion
- Should the recent deaths section of In the news be replaced with names or should more be added?
- Turning on Education Program extension
- Should the Education Program extension be turned on to make it easier for the community to track assignments?