|Frequent-flyer program||WestJet Rewards|
|Fleet size||0 (+20 orders)|
|Parent company||WestJet Airlines|
|Headquarters||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
|Key people||Ferio Pugliese (President)|
WestJet Encore is a Canadian regional airline based at Calgary International Airport and is a wholly owned subsidiary of WestJet. The airline is scheduled to begin operations on June 24th 2013  using a fleet of Bombardier Dash 8 Q400s. WestJet Encore's initial schedule was announced February 10th 2013 with booking being available on WestJet's website.
In February 2012, WestJet announced that its employees approved forming a regional airline to serve smaller communities in Canada. The airline is set to start operations on June 24, 2013, using a fleet of up to 45 Bombardier Q400s. The company said it plans to launch WestJet Encore in the Western half of the country first, then expand the service into the remainder of Canada about nine months later.
The initial schedule was formally announced on February 11, 2013 but WestJet's website accepted booking on February 10th, 2013.
WestJet Encore will initially launch from its Calgary base. The first new destinations announced were Fort St. John and Nanaimo, both in British Columbia, followed by Brandon, Manitoba. WestJet Encore will eventually have two bases, the eastern base will be in Toronto. Service is still being considered to the following cities:
The WestJet Encore fleet will consist of the following aircraft:
|Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 NextGen||
- Westjet to announce flights to Fort St. John Monday | EnergeticCity.ca
- Deveau, Scott (2012-10-12). "WestJet names new regional carrier 'Encore'". Ottawacitizen.com. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- "WestJet picks Bombardier planes for regional carrier". Reuters. May 1, 2012. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- "WestJet names its new regional service WestJet Encore". October 11, 2012. Retrieved 11 October 2012.
- "WestJet pitch made, wait begins" (Press release). Castlegar News. 2012-06-29. Retrieved 2012-10-12.
- "Cold Lake is hopeful for "a second date" with WestJet" (Press release). Bonnyville Nouvelle. 2012-07-18. Retrieved 2012-10-12.
- "WestJet sets sights on Air Canada's title" (Press release). The Globe and Mail. 2012-01-01. Retrieved 2012-10-12.
- Posted: Oct 15, 2012 7:20 PM AT (2012-10-15). "Fredericton airport eyes Westjet flights - New Brunswick - CBC News". Cbc.ca. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- "Grande Prairie Local News". Hqgrandeprairie.com. 2012-07-16. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- "WestJet campaign heads to Calgary". Penticton Western News. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- StarPhoenix July 6, 2012 (2012-07-06). "Prince Albert invited to make WestJet pitch". Thestarphoenix.com. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- "WestJet welcomes Sechelt pitch | Local News | Coast Reporter, Sunshine Coast, BC". Coastreporter.net. 2012-06-16. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- "WestJet s'intéresse à l'Aéroport de Sherbrooke | David Bombardier | Sherbrooke". Lapresse.ca. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- "Westjet takes a look at Terrace, BC". Terrace Standard. 2012-07-11. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- "WestJet’s plan to launch a regional carrier shows growing maturity of its network" (Press release). CAPA. 2012-03-14. Retrieved 2012-10-12.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: WestJet|