|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
What I do for Wikipedia
- Assure that all articles I come across adhere to WP:NPOV and are encyclopedic.
- Correct any spelling or grammar errors that I may find.
- Patrol changes for cruft, vandalism, ads, and nonsense.
- Limit users from circumventing policy with multiple accounts.
- Deal with complaints via WP:OTRS (inactive).
- Ensure that the software (MediaWiki) has the best possible features.
Welcome to my User Page!
The derivation of the name "voice of all" comes both from a)the above ideal, that people need not be 2D interest advocates, but empathetic; and b)my liking of this odd little MTG angel. More so the latter than the former :).
|Search user languages|
- Real Name: Aaron
- Location: Ohio, USA
- Biography: I was born in Ohio. I have lived there all my life. I am currently a university student figuring out what the hell I want to do with my life. My interests are current events, philosophy, psychology, programming, political reform and aircraft. I like to play card games (MTG, Euchre, some Poker), board games like Go, and PC games like C&C. Wikipedia is a good thing to put time and thought into whenever I have some extra time. I also use it to look things up all the time, all though I realize that it is not generally citable (though if I was doing a college paper, nor would Britannica). I became an administrator on October of 2005. Feel free to ask me for help if you need any assistance.
- Academics: BS in Computer Science from the The Ohio State University.
- Party Affiliation: none, until a decent third party emerges ;).
- Politics: Fairly moderate (socially liberal, economically moderate). I strongly dislike reactionaries, band-wagoning liberals and right-wing zealots. Not really a fan of ideology other than science and rationality if you count those.
- Religion: None; Weak atheism
- Philosophy: Empathy through rationality; Preference Utilitarianism, Posthumanism, Positivism ("Scientism"), Existentialism. A bit Cynical of Idiocratic status quo. I'm strongly opposed to pseudoscience, sophistry/rhetoric, and arbitrary virtue ethics/sound byte thinking.
- Sports: Philadelphia Eagles fan :)
- Wikipedia Membership: I've been using Wikipedia since July 21, 2005.
- French User Name: Voice of All
- Meta User Name: Voice of All
- Wiki Quote: Voice of All
- Wiki Source: Lightning Angel
- Commons User Name: Lightning Angel
- Wiki Quote Name: Voice of All
- My sockpuppet: VoA
- My bot: User:VoABot - I run this to keep WP:PP up to date.
- My other bot: User:VoABot II - I run this to control shared IP vandalism.
- AIM screen name: MTG Voice of All
- E-mail: Leave me an E-mail
Economic Left/Right: -2.88 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.72
Here is one way what I think RfA could be ran in the future (though a good alternative is mentioned too). Getting such a process through may be quite difficult though, and I am not sure if that is the best way. Also, I've made a list of RfB requirements.
Stable versions! :)
These are topics that I find fascinating and largely draw inspiration from and admire.
- Market fundamentalism
- Monstrosity (hits)
- On anti-intellectualistic fundamentalism
- "General Bullshit Defense"
- List of fallacies
- List of cognitive biases
- Philosophy of science
- Philosophy of mind
- Bounded rationality
- Heat death of the universe
- Karl Popper
- Richard Dawkins & Dan Barker
- Peter Singer & R. M. Hare
- John Searle / Biological naturalism
- Preference utilitarianism
- Allopathic medicine
- Logical fallacies
- When to use appeal to authority
- Why I am not a humanist (Nigel Sinnott)
- Steven Novella (blog)
- Systems neuroscience & Computational neuroscience
- Condorcet method
- Single transferable vote
- Straw-man "myths"
- Science, Pseudoscience, and Irrationalism
- Why People Are Irrational about Politics (Michael Huemer)
- Example of Sophistry
- What you sound like when you're illogical and ignorant
- Sophisticated YouTube comments
- M:TG dark babe
- Postmodernism - Sophisticated Nonsense
- Chiropractic pseudoscience
- Yahoo Answers :)