Two Flowers for the Dragon
|Two Flowers for The Dragon|
(Ryū no Hanawazurai)
|Written by||Nari Kusakawa|
|Original run||May 2005 – July 2009|
Ryū no Hanawazurai (龍の花わずらい), also known as Two Flowers for the Dragon, is a Japanese shōjo manga authored by Nari Kusakawa. The manga series was serialized in Hakusensha's monthtly shōjo manga magazine, LaLa and ended in the July issue of 2009 with 7 volumes. There collected volumes was published under the Hana to Yume Comics imprint and is now licensed for English publication by CMX in North America. As of July 2010, DC Comics has dissolved the CMX Manga imprint. It is not known if another publisher will pick up the series to publish the final volume.
The last volume of the manga sold 32,366 copies in the first week of release in Japan and was ranked 21st. The first two volumes of the manga has been named as Great Graphic Novels for Teens by the Young Adult Library Services Association.
Shakuya, princess of the Dragon Tribe, can turn into a dragon, and has two fiancees. One fiance is Lucien, who was missing for a long time, now returns. The other is Kuwan, the captain of the guardians in the village, who she loves more. She has two tattoos on her arms; a rose for Lucien, and a Bellflower for Kuwan. These flowers grow as her affection for them grows. The story is about their three-way love. Even though Shakuya is in love with Kuwan, Lucien is determined to change the mind of his beloved Shakuya.
- The daughter of the Queen of the Dragon Tribe. She has the ability to transform into a dragon. She is very energetic, which annoys her fiancee Kuwan to no end. She loves Kuwan more, but it is shown when she is young to have loved Lucien very deeply. She has a tendency to end up in some compromising scenes.At the end when she is to choose her husband she picked Lucien .
- The captain of the guardians, also Shakuya's fiancee. He tends to act cold and distant, which Shakuya has mentioned. He is the 'replacement' fiancee that was put in the place of the then-lost Lucien. He doesn't like Shakuya's ventures out of the castle, and often does not listen to her when she explains why she is out (which is usually to see him).
- The missing fiancee of Shakuya. After many years, he returns and causes some problems for Shakuya and the rest of the Dragon Tribe. He likes to, when talking to Shakuya, end his dialogues in some sort of seductive act. According to author, his name comes from Chū Shin Chi, the Japanese name of actor Stephen Chow Sing-Chi.
|This section requires expansion. (June 2011)|
- "Two Flowers of the Dragon Fantasy Manga Ends in Japan". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- "s-book.net Library Service - 龍の花わずらい" (in Japanese). s-book.net/Hakusensha. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- "CMX Licenses New Manga". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- "DC Comics to Shut Down CMX Manga Imprint in July". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2010-07-14.
- "Japanese Comic Ranking, August 3–9". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- "Librarians Honor Sand Chronicles, Real, Uzumaki, Japan Ai". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
|This anime-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language