||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (January 2012)|
|Origin||Bridgeport, Connecticut, United States|
|Genres||Psychedelic soul, funk, indie rock|
|Associated acts||Aloe Blacc, Mayer Hawthorne, Little Dragon, Tune-Yards, Kimbra|
The Stepkids are an American psychedelic soul band composed of Tim Walsh, Jeff Gitelman, and Dan Edinberg. Their live performances are characterized by kaleidoscopic projections by experimental video artists David Pond and Jesse Mann, consuming the stage with light for a multi-sensory experience while the band plays.
On September 27, 2011, the band released their debut album, The Stepkids. Mojo placed the album at number 25 on its list of "Top 50 albums of 2011."SPIN also placed the album at number 19 on the list "20 Best R&B albums of 2011”.
In 2011, the band performed at the South by Southwest festival in Austin, Texas, CMJ Music Marathon in New York City, and the Big Chill Festival in Ledbury, England. In 2012, the band performed at the Sydney Festival in Sydney, Australia.
Having spent most of 2012 touring with Kimbra, Mayer Hawthorne & The County, Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, and Mates of State, along with tours of Australia and Europe, the Connecticut trio has been busy finalizing the details for their upcoming second album, due out in September 2013. The follow up to their critically praised self-titled 2011 debut will include both "Sweet Salvation" and "Bitter Bug", which were released on the "Sweet Salvation EP" in October 2012.
- ""Shadows on Behalf" | Forkcast Archive". Pitchfork. 2011-02-08. Retrieved 2012-01-27.
- "The Stepkids, on tour with the Horrors, talk Stones Throw debut". Latimesblogs.latimes.com. 2011-09-15. Retrieved 2012-01-27.
- "MOJO‘s Top 50 Albums Of 2011". Stereogum. Retrieved 2012-01-27.
- "SPIN's 20 Best R&B Albums of 2011". SPIN.com. 2011-12-21. Retrieved 2012-01-27.
- "Wyatt Cenac, Kurt Braunohler Star In New Tom Scharpling-Directed Music Video, 'Legend In My Own Mind' By The Stepkids". Huffingtonpost.com. 2011-10-04. Retrieved 2012-01-27.
- Ross, Christopher (2011-03-21). "24 Hours With the Stepkids at SXSW: Music + Books". Details. Retrieved 2012-01-27.
- All Songs Considered (2011-03-08). "SXSW 2011 Preview". NPR. Retrieved 2012-01-27.
- "30 Can't-Miss Acts at CMJ 2011 | The Stepkids". SPIN.com. Retrieved 2012-01-27.
- "Stepkids, Mr. Dream, Memoryhouse Set for ‘Live in NYC’ | MTV Hive". Read.mtvhive.com. 2011-10-17. Retrieved 2012-01-27.
- "Festival". Big Chill. Retrieved 2012-01-27.
- "Sydney Festival 2012". Sydneyfestival.org.au. Retrieved 2012-01-27.