Simon Holmes (guitarist)
Simon spent part of his childhood in Canberra, attending the AME School, an alternative education institution that ran from 1972 - the 1990s, and Hawker College. Simon moved to Sydney in the early 1980s and later formed the Hummingbirds with bassist John Boyce and drummer Mark Temple in 1986. His musical influences include punk rock, psychedelia and new wave.
- McFarlane, Ian (1999). "Whammo Homepage". Encyclopedia of Australian Rock and Pop. St Leonards, NSW: Allen & Unwin. ISBN 1-86508-072-1. Retrieved 4 January 2010. Note: Archived [on-line] copy has limited functionality.
- Spencer, Chris; Zbig Nowara, Paul McHenry with notes by Ed Nimmervoll (2002) . The Who's Who of Australian Rock. Noble Park, Vic.: Five Mile Press. ISBN 1-86503-891-1.  Note: [on-line] version established at White Room Electronic Publishing Pty Ltd in 2007 and was expanded from the 2002 edition.
- McFarlane 'The Hummingbirds' entry. Accessdate=3 February 2010.
- Ankeny, Jason. "Hummingbirds > Biography". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 3 February 2010.
- Spencer et al, (2007) Holmes, Simon entry. Retrieved 3 February 2010.
- "Who's who of Australian rock / compiled by Chris Spencer, Zbig Nowara & Paul McHenry". catalogue. National Library of Australia. Retrieved 4 January 2010.