|Produced by||Vaishakh Rajan|
|Music by||Background score:
|Editing by||Mahesh Narayanan|
|Distributed by||Vishak Release|
|Running time||150 minutes|
|Budget||3.5 crore (US$640,000)|
|Box office||15.5 crore (US$2.8 million)|
Seniors is a 2011 Malayalam comedy-mystery film directed by Vyshakh, produced by Vaishakh Rajan, and written by Sachi-Sethu. The story is about four friends who return to their alma mater as students. It stars Kunchacko Boban, Jayaram, Biju Menon, and Manoj K. Jayan in the main roles. The film features an original score by Gopi Sundar and songs by Alphons Joseph, Jassie Gift and Alex Paul. The film released on 7 May 2011 to positive reviews and was placed first in its opening weekend. It was one of the highest grossing Malayalam films of 2011.
The film starts with two scenes, one in 1981, in which a husband is waiting for his flirtatious wife to come home and take care of their son and baby daughter, the wife comes with her boyfriend and after a fight decides to leave the husband and child.
Again in flashback, in 1996, its college day festival and after a dance performance, Indu (Padmapriya) comes to enquire about her sister Lakshmi (Meera Nandan) who is with her four friends and one of them says he would drop her home. The friends are having a good time enjoying the college day festival. In sudden turn of events, there is a loud scream and all the students rush out to see what happened, only to find Lakshmi dead.
Present Day, out of the four friends Rex Immanuel (Kunchacko Boban), Philip Idikkula (Biju Menon), and Rashid Munna (Manoj K. Jayan), 3 of them are excited to know about the return of Pappu alias Padmanabhan (Jayaram) who was accused and spent time in jail for the murder of Lakshmi. The four friends decide to get back to their studies, after a gap of 12 years. Now back from Jail, Pappu wants to start everything from where they have missed it and the other three support him, giving a break to their jobs and joining the college for M.A Philosophy. Following certain hilarious sequences of the foursome in college, there are some interesting twists and turns to the plot, but their ultimate aim is to find the deep mystery behind the tragedy that happened 12 years ago.
- Kunchacko Boban as Rex Immanuel
- Jayaram as Padmanabhan (Pappu)
- Biju Menon as Philip Idikkula
- Manoj K. Jayan as Rashid Munna
- Ananya as Jeni, a college student
- Padmapriya as Indu, a college lecturer and Pappu's love interest
- Suraj Venjaramoodu Thavala Thampi, the Lab Attender
- Siddique as Unnithan, college professor
- Meera Nandan as Lakshmi
- Radha Varma as Fathima, Munna's wife
- Jyothirmayi as Elsamma, Idikkula's wife
- Jagathy Sreekumar as Adiyodi, college professor
- Vijaya Raghavan as Alavudheen Ravuthar, college principal
- Lalu Alex as Idikkula's father-in-law
- Shammy Thilakan as C.I. of Police
- Rahasya as Vaduthala Valsala, a call-girl
- Sumit Naval as Rex's father
- Sajitha Betti as Rex's mother
- Thesni Khan as call girl with Alavudheen Ravuthar
The soundtrack of Seniors featured four songs.
|1||"Aaramam Niranje"||Benny Dayal, Lakshmi||Alphons Joseph||Anil Panachooran|
|2||"Ithiri Chakkara Nulli"||Jassie Gift, Imran, Anuradha Sreeram||Jassie Gift||Santhosh Varma|
|3||"Neram Thettippoyalum"||Ramesh Babu, Pradeep Babu, Vipin Xavier,
Shyam Prasad, Nithin
|Alex Paul||Santhosh Varma|
|4||"Rhythm Of Death"||Instrumental||Alphons Joseph|
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language