Segun Toyin Dawodu
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (August 2012)|
|Segun Toyin Dawodu|
|Born||Segun Toyin Dawodu
October 13, 1960
Benin city, Nigeria
|Nationality||Nigerian, British , American|
|Alma mater||University of Ibadan, University of London, Johns Hopkins University, Northwestern University|
|Occupation||Associate Professor of Pain Medicine, Albany Medical College|
|Religion||Christian - Anglican/Episcopal|
|Spouse(s)||Egbe Osifo-Dawodu |
|Parents||Michael Ehinwinarhinwian Dawodu-Osagie,
Sarat Bamidele Dawodu(Late: died - January 20, 1968)
He has been a major contributor to the peer-reviewed articles on eMedicine which merged with Medscape with such articles becoming major sources of information for physicians, resident physicians and medical students all over world in the diagnosis and management of Spinal Cord Injury, Cauda Equina and Conus Medullaris Syndromes, Swallowing Disorders and Traumatic Brain Injury.
He also established the first website on the history and people of the old Benin Kingdom, edo-nation.net, in 1998 and provided the first free email service from a Nigerian organization.
He was a pioneer member of the Committee for the Defence of Human Rights (CDHR) in Nigeria in 1987.
He is a graduate of Medicine (MD) from University of Ibadan, Nigeria, of Law from University of London/Queen Mary (LL.B and LL.M), graduate of Medical Informatics (Master of Science) from Northwestern University and a graduate of the Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School with an MBA. He is board certified in the medical specialties of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Pain Medicine, Sports Medicine, Spinal Cord Injury Medicine and Electrodiagnostic Medicine. He is also a diplomate of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Scotland.
He is a licensed Physician in the United States in the District of Columbia, States of New York,Virginia,Maryland,Indiana & Pennsylvania, in United Kingdom with the General Medical Council,Nigeria with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria  and Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago. He is also a licensed Medical Informatician as a specialist in Medical informatics/ Health informatics with the United Kingdom Council For Health Informatics Professions (UKCHIP).
He was previously (2000-2001) a Clinical Instructor of Traumatic Brain Injury and Stroke Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital/Medical School in New York City before going into solo private practice.
He has served in many capacities in different professional organizations including being currently a member of the editorial board in the Knowledge NOW publications of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, membership of different committees of the American Academy of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine, etc.
He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Fellow of the American Academy of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine, Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine, Member of the Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management, and Member/Diplomate of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
He is also listed as an America Top Physician by the Consumer Research Council of America (Search using Segun Dawodu, previous location of state of VA) 
- Egbe Dawodu, http://www.ox.ac.uk/about_the_university/introducing_oxford/an_oxford_education/profiles/dawodu.html
- ALBANY MEDICAL CENTER, http://www.amc.edu/PhysicianDirectory/index.cfm?event=showPhysicianDetail&med_prof_rec_no=6803
- Spinal Cord Injury, http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/322480-overview
- Cauda Equina and Conus Medullaris Syndromes, http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1148690-overview
- Swallowing Disorders, http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/317667-overview
- Traumatic Brain Injury, http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/326510-overview
- Online Nigeria Guide, http://www.guide.onlinenigeria.com/linkdetail.aspx?id=341#
- Northwestern University Chicago IL USA, http://alumni.northwestern.edu
- The Johns Hopkins University, https://my.johnshopkins.edu/uPortal/render.userLayoutRootNode.uP
- MARQUIS WHO'S WHO, https://cgi.marquiswhoswho.com/OnDemand/Default.aspx?last_name=dawodu&first_name=segun
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, https://www.abpmr.org/search_results.html?id=13347
- PMREHAB, http://www.pmrehab.com/doctors.htm
- American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine, http://webportal.aanem.org/BuyersGuide/ProfessionalSearch.aspx
- Royal College of Surgeons OF Edinburgh, http://www.rcsed.ac.uk/fellows/sdawodu
- District of Columbia Medical Board, http://app.hpla.doh.dc.gov/weblookup/
- New York Medical Board, http://www.nydoctorprofile.com/dispatch?action=display_search_parameters
- Virginia Medical Board, http://www.vahealthprovider.com/search.asp
- Maryland Medical Board, http://www.mbp.state.md.us/bpqapp/
- Indiana Medical Board, https://mylicense.in.gov/EVerification/Search.aspx
- Pennsylvania Medical Board, http://www.licensepa.state.pa.us/
- General Medical Council, http://www.gmc-uk.org
- Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria, http://www.mdcnigeria.org/
- Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago, http://www.mbtt.org/
- UKCHIP, http://newregistration.ukchip.net/Unauthenticated/ViewRegister.aspx?publicRegister=true
- Mount Sinai Hospital Tel; 212-824-8100, http://credletter.mountsinai.org/intranet/Home/credentials/credletter?
- PMR Knowledge NOW, http://now.aapmr.org/acknowledgements/Pages/NOW-Editorial-Board.aspx
- AANEM Committees,http://www.aanem.org/Membership/Membership-Directory.aspx
- Royal Society of Medicine,http://www.rsm.org.uk/
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh,http://www.rcsed.ac.uk/fellows/sdawodu
- Consumer Research Council of America's Top Physicians, http://www.consumersresearchcncl.org/search/search.php