||This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2007)|
|— Commune —|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Săpânţa (Romanian pronunciation: [səˈpɨnt͡sa]; Hungarian: Szaplonca; Slovak: Sapunka; Yiddish: Spinka or Shpinka) is a commune in Maramureş County in northern Romania, 15 kilometers northwest of Sighet and just south of the Tisza River. It is composed of a single village, Săpânţa.
- Photos of Săpânţa
- More about Maramureş and the Merry Cemetery
- New York Times Article: In Merry Cemetery, Romanians' lives in carvings and verse
- More photo sources with Google search " Merry Cemetery, Romania "
- Photos of Săpânţa-Peri Monastery
- Săpânţa - o destinatie surpriză
|This Maramureş County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|