Russian Association of Girl Scouts
|Rossiyskaya Assotsiatsiya Devochek-Skautov|
Russian Association of Girl Scouts
|Affiliation||World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts|
Russian Association of Girl Scouts (Russian: Росси́йская Ассоциа́ция де́вочек-ска́утов, Rossiyskaya Assotsiatsiya Devochek-Skautov) is the national Guiding organization of Russia. Guiding in Russia started about 1910 within the Boy Scout groups and was disbanded in the 1920s. It was restarted in 1990 as part of the Federation of Scouts of Russia and formed an independent association in 1994. The organization became an associate member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) in 1999 and a full member in 2008. The girls-only association has 1,158 members (as of 1998).
Three are records of Russian Girl Scout patrols in a range of towns from 1909 on, but there was no national Girl Scout organization. Scouting returned in the years of perestroika. Many international contacts were made with foreign visits and aid offered. There was much interest in bringing Scouting back to Russia. In 1991 The Federation of Scouts of Russia was created, and almost immediately there was a discussion of a program for girls.
In 1993 a reception was held in Manila, Philippines in conjunction with WAGGGS' Asia Pacific Symposium of NGOs for Women in Development. The aim was to introduce or reintroduce the Girl Guiding/Girl Scouting movement and to explore possibilities of starting/restarting Girl Guiding/Girl Scouting in Russia, as well as Cambodia, Iran, Tibet, Uzbekistan and Vietnam. Fifty women leaders from those nations attended the Asia Pacific Symposium, sharing their Girl Guiding/Girl Scouting experiences.
In 1993 the founding conference of the League of Girl Scouts of the FSR took place in Perm. The girls' program developed, and in October 1994 the next step was the founding conference in Perm.
Girl Scout ideals
Girl Scout Promise
Честным словом обещаю сделать все от меня зависящее, чтобы выполнить свой Долг перед страной и стремиться к духовному, помогать тем, кто нуждается в моей помощи, и жить по законам девочек-скаутов.
- On my word of honor I promise to do all that depends on me, to fulfill my debt to my country, to strive for spiritual perfection, to help those who need my help, and to live by the Girl Scout laws.
Girl Scout Laws
- Девочка-скаут верна данному слову;
- Девочка-скаут доводит начатое дело до конца;
- Девочка-скаут старается быть полезной и помогать другим;
- Девочка-скаут дружелюбна, приветлива и вежлива;
- Все девочки-скауты – сестры;
- Девочка-скаут – друг природы;
- Девочка-скаут предана родителям, дисциплинирована и подчиняется приказам лидера;
- Девочка-скаут бережлива и уважает чужую собственность;
- Девочка-скаут чиста и благородна в своих помыслах и поступках;
- Девочка-скаут никогда не унывает.
- A Girl Scout is true to her word.
- A Girl Scout finishes what she starts.
- A Girl Scout strives to be useful and to help others.
- A Girl Scout is friendly, cordial, and polite.
- All Girl Scouts are sisters.
- A Girl Scout is a friend of nature.
- A Girl Scout is devoted to her parents, is disciplined, and obeys her leader.
- A Girl Scout is thrifty and respects the property of others.
- A Girl Scout is clean and noble in her thoughts and actions.
- A Girl Scout never loses heart.
- World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts, World Bureau (2002), Trefoil Round the World. Eleventh Edition 1997. ISBN 0-900827-75-0