|Traded as||NYSE: ROK
S&P 500 Component
|Founded||2001 spun off from Rockwell International in USA|
|Headquarters||Rockwell Automation Headquarters
|Key people||Keith Nosbusch,
Chairman & CEO
Manufacturing Execution System
|Revenue||US$ 6 billion (2011)|
|Net income||US$ 697.8 million (2011)|
Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation is one of the largest industrial automation companies in the world, employing about 21,000 people in more than 80 countries. It is a Fortune 500 company, ranked number 411 on the list.
Rockwell Automation was initially founded in 1903 as the Compression Rheostat Company by Lynde Bradley and Stanton Allen with an initial investment of $1,000. In 1910 the company was renamed the Allen-Bradley Company. In 1952 they opened a subsidiary in Galt, Ontario, Canada, that now employs over 1,000 people. In 1985 a new company record was set as they ended the fiscal year with $1 billion in sales. On February 20, 1985 Rockwell International (now Rockwell Automation) purchased Allen-Bradley for $1.651 billion, which is the largest acquisition in Wisconsin's history.
Rockwell Automation spun off from Rockwell International in 2001. From there, Rockwell Automation went through a series of acquisitions, particularly Propack Data (now Rockwell Automation Solutions GmbH) in 2002, DataSweep in 2005, GEPA in 2006, ICS Triplex, ProsCon and Pavilion Technologies in 2007, and Incuity in 2008 and Lektronix Ltd in 2011. On January 31, 2007, Rockwell Automation sold off their PowerSystems Division which consists of Dodge mechanical and Reliance Electric motors with headquarters in Greenville, South Carolina, to Baldor Electric Company.
In 2012 the company was named by Ethisphere Institute One of World's Most Ethical Companies for the fourth time.
Some examples of Rockwell Automation's industrial automation offerings are:
- Programmable Logic Controllers: ControlLogix, PICO, Micro 800, MicroLogix, SLC500, PLC5 and Datasite RTU
- I/O: FlexIO, CompactIO, PointIO, etc.
- HMI: PanelView Standard, PanelView enhanced, PanelView Plus, Industrial Computers & Monitors, etc.
- Industrial Safety Products: GuardLogix, SafetyIO, XM Vibration Monitors, etc.
- Servo Drives: Kinetix, Ultra
- Variable-Frequency Drive: PowerFlex Drives, Drive Systems.
- Rockwell Software Brand: RSLogix5000, RSNetWorx, RSLinx, PMX, FactoryTalk etc.
- Motor Controllers: MCCs (Allen-Bradley's CENTERLINE MCC with IntelliCENTER Technology), industrial control (contactors, overloads, circuit breakers etc.)
- Condition Monitoring/Vibrational Analysis: Entek
- Sensors, Photoelectric, Capacitive, Inductive, Ultrasonic: Rockwell Automation/Allen-Bradley Sensors
- Company Overview, Rockwell Automation
- Our History, Rockwell Automation
- Rockwell Automation Named One of World’s Most Ethical Companies for Fourth Time, Rockwell Automation