Richa Pallod at Tell Me O Kkhuda Tralier Launch
August 30, 1980 |
|Occupation||Model, Actress, Voice artist|
Richa Pallod (born: August 30, 1980) is an Indian model film actress, and voice artist who has been featured in Indian films. After appearing as a child artiste in Lamhe (1991), she appeared in an award-winning role in Nuvve Kavali, her first film in Telugu. She has appeared in several low-budget Hindi films with her most notable appearance being in Yashraj Films' Neal 'N' Nikki. Her roles in Tamil films Shahjahan, Alli Arjuna and Unakkum Enakkum are noted whilst she has also featured in Kannada and Malayalam language films.
Richa made her entry into films with a minute role as a child artiste in the film Lamhe (1991) and then Pardes (1997). She started modeling at the age of 16, has featured in over five hundred commercials and appeared in Falguni Pathak’s music videos "Yaad Piya Ki Aane Lagi" and "Piya Se Mil Ke Aaye Nain". Richa made her film debut in the Telugu film, Nuvve Kavali (2000), opposite Tarun, whom she had previously appeared with in a commercial shot by Rajiv Menon. The film, which portrayed love between two childhood friends in college, became a large commercial success and won favourable reviews with claims that Richa "did not seem like a debutant" in her role. Furthermore the role led to Richa securing the Filmfare Best Telugu Actress Award for 2000.
She made her debut in Tamil cinema, playing the lead role opposite Vijay in Shajahan. The film was panned by critics and Richa's performance was noted to have "done little but look good". Her second Tamil film was Alli Arjuna, directed by noted film maker Saran featuring Manoj Bharathiraja. Richa played the role of an independent girl being romantically pursued by Manoj, but once again received little acclaim with reviewers citing that "you do not feel for Richa".
Her first Hindi film as a senior artiste was opposite Fardeen Khan in Kuch Tum Kaho Kuch Hum Kahein with the film becoming a failure. Richa claimed that the lack of promotion of the project might have been the reason of the dull response towards the film. Her subsequent Hindi films within the next two years, which includes two films opposite actor Rakesh Bapat, were low-budget projects and did not fare well at the box office. Similarly her projects in Kannada Cheppale and Jootata opposite Sameer Dattani also failed commercially, with reviews criticizing Richa's performance in the latter film. Richa went on to appear in Yashraj Films' Neal 'N' Nikki featuring Uday Chopra and Tanisha, playing the role of Sweety. After several of her previous ventures failed to succeed, Richa was forced to appear in a supporting role in Unakkum Enakkum.
Richa went on to claim that poor public relations and lack of promotion led to her disappearance from films before returning in 2009, with her first appearance in a Malayalam film in the Mammootty starrer, Daddy Cool. Playing the role of Annie Simon, mother of an eight year old, her role won critical acclaim and the film was a commercial success. In 2010 she appeared in the Telugu language film, Inkosaari alongside Raja and Manjari Phadnis. However the film failed to succeed commercially as it was released alongside the hit film, Ye Maaya Chesaave, which went on to attract more viewers. Currently, Richa has two long-delayed Tamil films awaiting release, Nalvaravu and Kadhal Kalvan.
|2000||Nuvve Kavali||Madhu||Telugu||Winner, Filmfare Best Actress Award (Telugu)|
|2001||Prematho Raa||Telugu||Cameo appearance|
|2001||Chiru Jallu||Radhika Prasad||Telugu|
|2002||Kuch Tum Kaho Kuch Hum Kahein||Mangala Solanki||Hindi|
|2003||Tumse Milke Wrong Number||Mahi Mathur||Hindi|
|2004||Kaun Hai Jo Sapno Mein Aaya||Mahek||Hindi|
|2005||Neal 'N' Nikki||Sweety||Hindi|
|2006||Something Something ... Unakkum Enakkum||Lalitha||Tamil|
|2009||Daddy Cool||Annie Simon||Malayalam|
|2011||Tell Me O Khuda||Hindi|
In 2011, She was chosen to be one of the Hindi-dubbing voice artists for it's Hindi dubbed format of Hollywood film, X-Men: First Class, when it was released in theaters, shortly after it's North American release. She has given the Hindi dubbing voice to Rose Byrne's role as Moira MacTaggert.
Live Action Films
|Film title||Actor/Actress||Character||Dub Language||Original Language||Original Year Release||Dub Year Release|
|X-Men: First Class ||Rose Byrne||Moira MacTaggert||Hindi||English
- The Sunday Tribune – Spectrum. Tribuneindia.com (2004-08-22). Retrieved on 2012-04-14.
- rediff.com, Movies: The Rediff Review: Nuvve Kavali. Rediff.com (2000-12-07). Retrieved on 2012-04-14.
- "Glitzy Filmfare awards nite in Hyderabad". The Times Of India.
- "Vishnuvardhan, Sudharani win Filmfare awards". The Times Of India.
- Shahjahan. The Hindu. November 23, 2001
- rediff.com, Movies: The review of Alli Arjuna. Rediff.com (2002-02-15). Retrieved on 2012-04-14.
- Tumse Milke Wrong Number Movie Review * Rakesh Bapat, Richa Pallod, Rinku Ghosh, Parvin Dabas, Vrajesh Hirjee, Benjamin Gilani. Bollyvista.com (2003-12-13). Retrieved on 2012-04-14.
- MLN (30 August 2009). "Richa and R.P. in Kannada film". The Hindu (Chennai, India). Retrieved 8 February 2010.
- The surprise package of Neal N Nikki. Sify.com (2005-12-06). Retrieved on 2012-04-14.
- Neal 'n' Nikki (2005) | Movie Review, Trailers, Music Videos, Songs, Wallpapers. Bollywood Hungama (2005-12-09). Retrieved on 2012-04-14.
- Richa plays Trisha’s friend. Sify.com (2006-01-27). Retrieved on 2012-04-14.
- George, Vijay (7 August 2009). "Model mother". The Hindu (Chennai, India). Retrieved 8 February 2010.
- "Richa is back!". The Times Of India. 20 November 2009.
- Inkosari Telugu Movie Review – cinema preview stills gallery trailer video clips showtimes. IndiaGlitz. Retrieved on 2012-04-14.