Protea is a genus of flowers in the family Proteaceae.
Protea may also refer to:
- Protea (car), a motorcar build in South Africa during 1957 and 1958
- South Africa national cricket team is called "The Proteas"
- The representative side of the South African Football Federation (one of four racially-segregated rugby union governing bodies in apartheid South Africa) was called the Proteas.
- Protea (telephone), a South African telephone plug design
- National sports teams of South Africa are officially nicknamed "the Proteas" (except the rugby union team)
- 9313 Protea, an asteroid, presumably named after the flower genus
- 'Protéa', the eponymous character played by Josette Andriot in a series of French silent espionnage films made between 1913 and 1919.
- Latin binomial abbreviations for species
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language