|Developer(s)||Anthropics Technology Ltd|
|Stable release||11.1.10 / January 17, 2013|
|Operating system||Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows|
|Type||Raster graphics editor|
Portrait Professional (or "PortraitProfessional", first released in July 2006) and Portrait Professional Studio are image editors for Windows and OS X, specifically targeted at editing portrait photographs.
Rather than using brushes as a traditional image editor does, the user of Portrait Professional first describes where the face is in the picture, then most of the transformations are done through sliders. One of the unique, but controversial features is the ability to automatically reshape the face to fit a model of beauty.
- Reshape all or any aspect of the face
- Fix skin blemishes such as spots or pimples
- Smooth out and neaten hair
- Thicken and re-color hair.
- Reduce and/or remove wrinkles
- Remove grease, sweat or shine highlights from the skin
- Adjust the lighting on the face
- Remove red eye
- Recolor eyes
- Whiten teeth and eyes
- Sharpen individual features like eyes, eyebrows, nose and mouth
- BBC News: From mortal to model, visited January 03, 2007.
- Digital Photo News: Portrait Professional Review, visited January 03, 2007.
- Boing Boing:Creepy automated photo retouching software, visited January 10, 2007.
- New York Times: Looking Perfect, One Pixel at a Time, visited January 03, 2007.
- New Scientist: Beauty and the digital beast, visited January 10, 2007.
- Review of Software by Macworld
- Review of Software on Cnet
- Review of Software by MacUser
- Review of Software by Personal Computer World
- Review of Software by Imaging Resource
- Review of Software by Shutterbug
- Review of Software by about.com
- Review of Software by ephotozine
|This Microsoft Windows software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|