|— village and mandal —|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+05:30)|
Poduru (Telugu: పోడూరు) is a village and a mandal in West Godavari district in the state of Andhra Pradesh in India.  In Telugu it means Little forest, as it used to a forest before it was cleared for cultivation. The main occupation is paddy cultivation; others include weaving and tailoring.
Poduru is located 70.4 km distance from its District Main City Eluru. It is located 359 km distance from its State Main City Hyderabad. It is a beautiful and peaceful place, located in the West Godavari district. It is north of Palakol, south of Marteru, southwest of Achanta, west of Achant Vemavaram and east of Vedangi and Jinnuru. The Col. D. Satya Narayan Raju polytechnic college is located in this village.
- Rain fall: Annual rain fall 110 cm (43.3 inches)
- 70 cm (27.6 in) between June and September in the direction of south and west.
- 36 cm (14.2 in) between September and December in the direction of north and east.
- By road: 2 km (1.2 mi) east of Kavitam junction on the Narasapuram – Nidadavole canal road.
- By rail : 10 km (6.2 mi) from the Palakollu railway station on the Narasapuram- Vijayawada railway line.
According to Indian census, 2001, the demographic details of Poduru mandal is as follows:
- Total Population: 66,560 in 16,662 Households
- Male Population: 33,337 and Female Population: 33,223
- Children Under 6-years of age: 8,318 (Boys - 4,198 and Girls - 4,120)
- Total Literates: 43,138
- Village of Poduru has a population of 9954 of which Males are 4997 and Females are 4957.
In 1900, the “Village Development Society” was established and collected fund to provide roads to the village.
The following is the list of village panchayats in Poduru mandal.
Other villages in Poduru Mandal are:
|This article about a location in West Godavari district, Andhra Pradesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|