|Genres||Indie, New Wave, Synth-Pop|
|Labels||Tommy Boy Entertainment|
|Members||Dan Ingala, Taylor Armstrong, Matt Bogdanow|
|Past members||Pearson Constantino, Kamuela Kim|
Plushgun is an indie rock/New Wave/Synth-Pop band founded by Dan Ingala located in Brooklyn, New York. The current lineup of the band is Ingala, Taylor Armstrong on guitar and Matt Bogdanow on drums. The band gained prominence when its music was featured in episodes of the web series We Need Girlfriends. After those videos, the band quickly gained an online following.
On May 15, 2008 Plushgun announced a record deal with Tommy Boy Entertainment to release the band's first and self titled vinyl EP, which was released on August 19, 2008. In a positive review, Orlando Sentinel music critic Jim Abbott wrote that the lead song "Just Impolite" "manages to be breezy and atmospheric" and other tracks "boast plenty of shimmering keyboards, but enough melody to sing along."
Their first album, Pins and Panzers, was released on February 17, 2009. Plushgun was the music label Ourstage's first artist to get signed by a prominent record label after Ourstage flew the band out to South by Southwest music festival where Tommy Boy spotted Plushgun. "Just Impolite" was featured on the MTV show The City on December 29, 2008, and in a Comcast Xfinity commercial in fall 2010. "How We Roll" was featured on an episode of MTV's The Real World: Brooklyn. Plushgun released their second album, Me.Me, on May 15, 2012 on iTunes.
- Plushgun demos EP (2007)
- Plushgun EP (Tommy Boy, 2008)
- Dancing in a Minefield EP (Tommy Boy, 2008)
- Pins & Panzers (Tommy Boy, February 17, 2009)
- Me.Me. (Tommy Boy, May 15, 2012)
- "Just Impolite" (2008, self released; 2009, Tommy Boy, re-released)
- "Let Me Kiss You Now (And I'll Fade Away)" (2009, Tommy Boy)
- "A Crush To Pass The Time" (2009, Tommy Boy)
- Plushgun, 2008-08-22, retrieved 2008-09-02
- Plushgun, 2008-08-10, retrieved 2008-09-02
- "Plushgun". Tommy Boy Entertainment. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
- Abbott, Jim. "Plushgun", Orlando Sentinel, 2008-08-22, p. 32.
- Kopplin (2008-11-13), Your stage is Ourstage, retrieved 2008-11-17
- Davis, Kim (2008-03-25), Plushgun Take Shots at Success, Offer Free Downloads, retrieved 2008-09-02
- Shaer, Matthew. "OurStage hosts online talent show," The Christian Science Monitor, 2008-08-22, p. 25.