Playboys (The Rasmus album)
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|Studio album by The Rasmus|
|Released||August 29, 1997|
|Recorded||1997 in Helsinki, Finland at Millbrook and H.I.P. Studios|
|Genre||Funk-rock, alternative rock, rapcore|
|Label||Warner Music Finland|
|Producer||The Rasmus, Ilkka Herkman|
|The Rasmus chronology|
|Singles from Playboys|
- For the band's song with the same name, see Playboys (song).
It went Gold in Finland, and the single "Blue" also went Gold when it was released in May the same year. The album was not as popular outside their homeland Finland.
Besides the band, there were many additional musicians (see below) that appeared on Playboys. This made the album sound more different than regular rock. With the singer Lauri Ylönen's rap vocals, it became more like rapcore.
All tracks are written by The Rasmus.
- Ilkka Hämäläinen – turntables, saxophones, panda 49, backing vocals
- Axel F. – trumpet
- Aleksi Ahoniemi – saxophone
- Matti Lappalainen – trombone
- Mamba Abdissa Assefa – percussion
- Timo Lavanko – alto saxophone, clarinet on "Panda"
- Tuukka Helminen – cello on "Blue"
- Tuomo Prättälä – wurlitzer electric piano on "Sold"
- Mara Salminen – moog synth on "Wicked Moments", "Panda" and "Well Well"
- Hannu Pikkarainen – panda 49 on "Blue"
- Hanna Viitanen – steel pans on "Carousel"
- Essi Grönberg – backing vocals on "Raggatip" and "Wicked Moments"
- Katja Aakkula – backing vocals on "Raggatip"
- The Rasmus and Illka Herkman – producers
- Juha Heininen and Illka Herkman – recorders, mixers
- Pauli Saastamoinen – mastering
- Braalot – sleeve
- Rascar – photographs