Pauline W. Chen, MD (born 1964), is a surgeon, author, and New York Times columnist. She is known for her 2007 book Final Exam: A Surgeon's Reflections on Mortality as well as her online column Doctor and Patient. Her parents are immigrants from Taiwan.
Education and training
Chen, a Taiwanese American, graduated from The Loomis Chaffee School, attended Harvard University and went to medical school at the Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University. She completed her surgical residency at Yale University, the National Cancer Institute, and UCLA.
Notes and references
- "Listing for Final Exam". WorldCat. Retrieved 2012-01-01.
- "Final Exam by Pauline Chen - Book - eBook". Random House. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- Grimes, William (2007-01-10). "Doctor Confronts the Human Drama's Inevitable Finale". The New York Times.
- "Pauline W. Chen Author Bookshelf - Random House - Books - Audiobooks - Ebooks". Random House. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- Mehegan, David. "The doctor and death." 'Boston Globe' 27 Mar 2007.