Padmini Rout, Vlissingen 2009
January 5, 1994 |
|Title||Woman Grandmaster (2007)|
(No. 81 ranked woman in the January 2012 FIDE World Rankings)
|Peak rating||2392 (November 2011)|
Padmini Rout (born 1994) is a chess prodigy from Orissa, India. She holds the title of Woman Grandmaster. She was winner of World Under-14 girl's championship, 2008. She also has won five Asian and four national titles.
Padmini Rout started playing chess at the age of nine (2003) because of her father's passion for the game.
Awards and Honours↑Jump back a section
- She was the Asian Youth Girls Chess Champion in 2005 and 2006
- National U13 Girls Chess Champion in 2006
- The World U14 (Girls) Champion in 2008
- The Continental Asian Junior Girls Champion in 2009
- Third position in the Asian Junior (Girls U20) championship 2010
- Third position in the World Junior Championship (Girls) (2010)
- She participated in the girl's World Junior Chess Championship 2010 and finished third.
- In 2011 she finished third in the Asian Individual Women Chess Championship 2011.
She studied at D.A.V. Public School, Chandrasekhpur, Bhubaneswar
See also↑Jump back a section
|This biographical article relating to an Indian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|