Open source (disambiguation)
Open source denotes that a product includes permission to use its source code, design documents, or content (see open source and open content – the latter deals with non-software deliverables or where the distinction between source code and other content is unclear or complex).
It may also mean:
- Open-source software, software which permits the use and modification of its source code
- Open-source hardware, or open hardware, computer hardware, such as microprocessors, that is designed in the same fashion as open source software
- Open source video games, video games developed as open source
- Open source record label, open source music
- Open source film
- Open source cola, cola soft drinks made to open-sourced recipes
Society and culture
- Open politics (sometimes known as Open source politics), a political process that uses Internet technologies to provide a rapid feedback mechanism between political organizations and their supporters
- Open security, application of open source philosophies to security
- Open source governance, application of the philosophies of the open source movement to democratic principles
- Open Source Intelligence, an intelligence gathering discipline based on information collected from open sources
- "Open Source", a rocksong performed by The Magic Mushrooms
- Open Source, a radio show using open content information gathering methods hosted by Christopher Lydon
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language