Ohio State Route 347
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||18.94 mi (30.48 km)|
|Existed:||1935 – present|
|West end:||US 33 near East Liberty|
|East end:||SR 37 near Magnetic Springs|
State Route 347 (SR 347, OH 347) is an east–west state highway in central portion of the U.S. state of Ohio. The western terminus of SR 347 is at an interchange with U.S. Route 33 (US 33) just south of the unincorporated community of East Liberty. Its eastern terminus is at a T-intersection with SR 37 just 0.25 miles (0.40 km) of the village of Magnetic Springs.
Along its way, SR 347 passes through eastern Logan County and the central portion of Union County. No segment of SR 347 is inclusive within the National Highway System (NHS), a network of highways deemed most important for the country's economy, mobility and defense.
|This section requires expansion. (March 2011)|
The debut of SR 347 took place in 1935. At the time, the highway was a short connector routed along its present alignment between its junction with SR 4 in the hamlet of Pharisburg and its eastern terminus at SR 37 near Magnetic Springs.
In 1937, SR 347 was extended west along its current alignment to its present western terminus near East Liberty at what would later become US 33, but at the time was known as SR 32. This extension followed a previously un-numbered road.
||Perry Township||0.00||0.00||US 33||Western terminus at four-ramp interchange featuring parclo-B ramps on south side and diamond ramps on north side|
||Liberty Township||5.94||9.56||SR 739 south||Northwestern split of SR 347/SR 739 duplex. SR 739 joins from the southwest|
|6.06||9.75||SR 739 north||Southeastern split of SR 347/SR 739 duplex. SR 739 departs to the northeast|
|Taylor Township||11.91||19.17||SR 31|
|Leesburg Township||16.74||26.94||SR 4|
|18.94||30.48||SR 37||Eastern terminus at T-intersection|
- Ohio Department of Highways (1934) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Highway System (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1934a.sid. Retrieved 2011-03-18.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1935) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1935a.sid. Retrieved 2011-03-18.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams". Retrieved 2011-03-19.
- Federal Highway Administration (December 2003) (PDF). National Highway System: Ohio (Map). http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/planning/nhs/maps/oh/oh_Ohio.pdf. Retrieved 2011-03-19.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1936) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1936a.sid. Retrieved 2011-03-18.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1937) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1937a.sid. Retrieved 2011-03-18.